At Blue Hole this weekend...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jasonmh

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was out at BH on Sunday. I have to apologise to the group that was in the water when we were (hopefully they will see this). We had almost the whole place to ourselves, the 2 of us and a group of 3 divers that I don't know. The guy I was with was trying to learn how to shoot a bag, and managed to make a huge mess of it. I have no idea how he managed to run in to you twice and then get the line wrapped around the platform you were at, and THEN attepmt to swim away, pulling the platform behind him. All of this dispite my frantic arm waving and yelling in to the regular :) Atleast when he plummeted to the bottom without realising it I figured you could finish your dive in peace... Sheesh

Anyhoo, there was another group of 3 divers in the water in Pinnicle wetsuits (if I remember right) taking pictures of me (I was the guy in doubles). If they are digital, can I get you to email me a copy? :D

Hmm. guess I missed the commotion. We shot our SMBs on Saturday, buddy lost track of his buoyancy, then got his line wrapped around his tank. Started to cut him loose, but went to him to unravel instead, then unravel mine from his. New rule, only one of us shoots at a time.

I think we were the 3 divers with cameras, but we were screwing up mostly. I'll see if I got a decent pic of ya, but I don't think so. :)

This might have been you...??
detail

DandyDon:
Hmm. guess I missed the commotion. We shot our SMBs on Saturday, buddy lost track of his buoyancy, then got his line wrapped around his tank. Started to cut him loose, but went to him to unravel instead, then unravel mine from his. New rule, only one of us shoots at a time.

I think we were the 3 divers with cameras, but we were screwing up mostly. I'll see if I got a decent pic of ya, but I don't think so. :)

This might have been you...??
detail

Ah yes, that would be me. Was that you with the camera that I waved to?
Those SMBs are always causing trouble :)
Not sure if I made it clear in my first post, but the group of 3 we ran in to "literally" on sunday was a different group, not you guys.

Sounds like you guys had fun! I did the first two dives of my decompression procedures class on Friday. It was pretty cool, but pretty basic as to what I was expecting. I was talking to my instructor about some of the things that I was expecting and he said that comes into later classes, but he did say that he was going to show me some things that aren't in the book, which is cool. My second two dives will be at rock lake, if we can get permission to dive on it. If not we will end up diving at Possum Kingdom, Lake Travis, or Lake Amistad.

I found a depth of 86 feet at the Blue Hole on friday!. It's was actually back behind the grate. :)

I found a depth of 86 feet at the Blue Hole on friday!. It's was actually back behind the grate.
Did you take a shovel?

Actually, there are some pits in the silt that could be deeper. I don't know, as I just swam over them. They weren't big enough to drop into without stirring up the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom