Article: Mexico Approves First Dengue Vaccine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even at 60% effective, wide spread use could disrupt the breeding cycle of the disease. That's why the flu vaccine works, if the population cooperates.

I was having a conversation at Ohana's an hour ago in which I stated that if they could come up with a vacine that was close to 50% effective I would welcome it. Any
news as to when it will become available?

I was having a conversation at Ohana's an hour ago in which I stated that if they could come up with a vacine that was close to 50% effective I would welcome it. Any
news as to when it will become available?
I heard about it on the radio today. This is from my admittedly questionable memory: You have to be between 14 and 45 years old and living in a declared epidemic zone to get it.

On the Big Island we are having an outbreak and im in a high risk zone. Looks promising.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I go to Puerto Rico a lot and dengue gets a fair amount of publicity. Taking the US Caribbean islands' and Aquanomad's Hawaii account into consideration, I hope the US government is considering this as well.

I go to Puerto Rico a lot and dengue gets a fair amount of publicity. Taking the US Caribbean islands' and Aquanomad's Hawaii account into consideration, I hope the US government is considering this as well.

Good luck with that. With our FDA regulatory apparatus, it costs a minimum of $5 million just in legal costs, plus the costs of clinical trials, to get any new drug approved. In the name of "protecting" us Americans from presumptively predatory drug companies, the FDA will delay (for a minimum of 5-7 years) the introduction of any new drug or vaccine, and, for the few that make it through the regulatory gauntlet, make certain that the costs are high enough that won't be made available to those that really need it. Thanks, Uncle Sam, for "protecting" me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom