Article: Maintaining Your BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW lotsa details, but did you miss a step?

I always blow the BC up and dump all the saltwater out first. Why add freshwater to the saltwater on the internal rinse?

Not sure if I would put it in direct sunlight to dry out. I do prefer to put it outside but in the shade as direct sunlight can be hard on the fabric and hoses.:)
Great article, thanks for the tips.

Last edited:
I needed that article,it a great refresher. I have trouble with the sun and hot temps over here in KSA so I also use the shade more to dry my stuff.

I'll testify that this works, it's pretty much what I have done with my BC for my entire diving career.My first BC lasted over 20 years, before it developed some unfixable leaks at the seams.

Good article. The PADI OW coarse taught me to wash out the B.C after every dive, but they didn't mention I need to be in a string bikini :D

Great article. But I didn't see drying it mentioned. I have forgotten if you put some air in it while drying or not? And some have told me to leave a bit of air in it when packed away to keep the inside's from sticking over time. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom