Article: Dive Insurance - Are you covered? The scuba equipment you hope you never have to use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please provide a link to discussion of insurance response times you reference.

Nice compilation of different insurances. I'm with DAN and fortunately never had to use it (* touching wood *).

As with every insurance, the terms and conditions are just one thing. Way more important is how responsive the insurance actually is, in case you ever need them. These infos are obviously much harder to get, but from a client's view as important as the actual terms and conditions of the insurance.

It would really add to this nice article, if people could share their experiences with the different insurances in case they actually ever needed them. Are they responsive, proactive? Do they deliver what they promise or do they try to get rid of you the cheapest way possible?

Really prudent to have dive insurance , and not for just when your going on a dive trip/vacation .. you can be hurt diving in "your own back yard" as someone I know was, and was very thankful she had it.

I always dive with DAN. Additionally I purchase a travel insurance package when I travel abroad. The rates are insanely cheap considering the coverage. I choose the top tier package. The cost is generally not more expensive than the second and third tier coverages, but the benefits and peace of mind outweigh the costs.

I will be adding a travel page to Dead Diver soon, and will list travel insurance carriers as well as DAN. It's good to have a go to source for these needs. Too many people take the chance that nothing will happen, and I hope nothing ever does. When something bad goes wrong it's good to have someone on your side...when a thousand miles from home.

That's smart advice. So much of social discussion success really does come down to old-fashioned good manners.

I do have dive insurance as part of my travel insurance. It covers rec diving, but if I want to go into tec I need additional insurance and I wouldnt dive without it.
It has unlimited coverage for medical and repatriation costs and best of all, as I have it as part of an insurance program that also covers my car and my home, having it makes my total insurance fees lower than not having it..

I encourage all of our students to purchase this insurance. It's a good investment! Thanks for the excellent article.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom