Arizona Scuba Diving Question????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In-Hoc

Registered
Reaction score
I currently reside in Ohio and I am considering a Promotion at work that will relocate me and my family to Scottsdale/Glendale. Are there any local dive locations in the area? Here in Ohio there is about 4-5 quarries that you can dive that are nice to keep the skills sharp. Is there anything like that around the Valley?

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't dive on the weekends!!!

Well there are worse inland states to live in for a diver, perhaps like Ohio :D j/k

We have local lakes that are good for diving, someone is diving there every weekend (See "Lake Pleasant Conditions" thread in this forum). Water temps range from the 80's in the summer to the 50's in the winter.

We are a 5-6 hour drive to Southern California (San Diego, Orange County, LA) diving including the channel islands, kelp forests, wrecks, etc. Close enough to run to on a weekend, I highly recommend it.

We are a 4-8 hour drive away from warm water diving in the Sea of Cortez. San Carlos, MX. is a popular spot for AZ divers. Close enough to go to on a long weekend.

We are a short drive away to some other lakes in Northern Arizona (Mohave) and Nevada (Mead)

We have about 15 dive shops in the valley (aka Metro Phoenix area), that all run trips to above destinations and exotic trips, if going with a shop is your thing.

So YES it is not a problem to get wet on the weekends, the lake is around a 30 minute drive from Glendale a little farther from Scottsdale, but close.

Other than that, the summers will be hotter and the winters warmer, just remember it's a dry heat :wink:

-Garrett

Dry Heat!!!! :rofl3: If only I had a doller for everytime :eyebrow: The lakes are great SoCal and Sea of Cortez all great!! Welcome to the valley of the sun:chicken:

Check my site - Southwest Scuba for information on diving in and around Arizona. Just browse the links in the Dive Sites drop down menu.

The lakes around here are not the most optimal conditions, however it can be done. What type of dive store are you looking for? Specialty items, or just everyday equipment? Scuba Sciences located in Phoenix off of I-17 and Dunlap has lots of speciality stuff. And if they don't have it, they will get it for you. If you are in to "Tech Diving", Scuba Sciences just opened up a new tech center. Lots of gear and knowledgeable staff!

missy1976:
The lakes around here are not the most optimal conditions, however it can be done. What type of dive store are you looking for? Specialty items, or just everyday equipment? Scuba Sciences located in Phoenix off of I-17 and Dunlap has lots of speciality stuff. And if they don't have it, they will get it for you. If you are in to "Tech Diving", Scuba Sciences just opened up a new tech center. Lots of gear and knowledgeable staff!
Point of Information: MISSY1976 is a sockpuppet for MISSY01, the Office Manager of Scuba Sciences.

Point of information:

Lake visibility is 30 feet+
Lake Temps are 54 degrees
Lake has a dive boat capable of handling 18 divers.
Every weekend there are dozens of divers at the lake.

If you can't make the ocean, in the middle of the desert, I cannot think of a more optimal place to dive!

Full Disclosure: I am a co-owner in Oasis Scuba on Bell

We're moving to Hawaii this summer and we’ll be making a "bye-bye to the Continent Tour” on our way to the Pacific shore. We’re planning on going through Phoenix, perhaps you can show me.

Thalassamania:
We're moving to Hawaii this summer and we’ll be making a "bye-bye to the Continent Tour” on our way to the Pacific shore. We’re planning on going through Phoenix, perhaps you can show me.

Would love to blow some bubbles with you.

jcf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom