Aristocat - Port Douglas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattoau

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just FYI.

Aristocat, a dive boat from Port Douglas with a poor reputation due to low passenger number cancellation, would appear to have stopped running services altogether.

No confirmation as of yet, and their website appears to running as normal, but the rumour in the industry is that their services will stop imminently. Apparently the boat is moving down to the Whitsundays.

All rumours so far, but any last minute or early bookings should be confirmed to avoid disapppointment, and give a chance to swap to a more reliable dive boat in the area.

This totally sucks (and I also heard same thing). I just posted about Reef Encounter joining Ocean Quest over WA to act as a floating hotel, and now this. What with Haba down its looking bad for poor old Port.

At least Poseidon is still running and Silversonic.

I just hope 2013 is a better year.

It is always a shame to lose an operator from the area but if they did have such a poor reputation, hopefully their departure makes way for a better operator.

That's a good point. It is holidays at the moment so seeing the remaining boats at capacity is no surprise. But I think there will certainly be an opportunity for someone in the near future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom