Argon bottle setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I've now done a couple of dives with people who had argon rig issues and ended up inflating with 25/25. They've all gotten cold faster than normal. But then again, the water this winter is COLD, so that may have something to do with it. (Peter's cold dive had ten minutes of deco in 42 degree water, and I was using argon and wasn't the warmest person on the planet, either.)

Well, pure He conducts heat some 9 times more readily than Ar (36 cal/cm K sec vs 4 (36 cal/cm K sec vs 4), so it), so it's not surprising. You're going to feel the cold water much sooner with He, though on a long enough dive it won't make much of a difference.

Has anyone here actually used Trimix in your drysuit? The one real life experience I've heard involved the person almost getting into serious trouble. They were incapacitated by shivering.

Tom
During Tech-1 my argon reg failured and I used back-gas (21/35) for DS inflation. The water was cold (early March) and I still remeber how badly frozen I was.

Yeah! not in an emergency I just try it to see if I would get colder than I normally would. It was a fairly short dive about 60 minutes in 45 degree F, I wasn't cold enough to shiver but it was very uncomfortable to say the least, I won't do that again.:shakehead:

Al

I know several people who inflate with their backgas. most claim to feel no difference.
i get cold very easily however so I don't take a chance

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom