Argon bottle setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe TSandM also told him he could leave it on but you did not quote her???

Oops . . . Forgot which forum we were in. It is not DIR to have unused hoses hanging off your rig. It is DIR to check and make sure you have enough argon to complete the proposed dive.

You don't need a SPG on an argon bottle while in the water so it is unnecessary equipment. You don't take stuff you don't need in the water with you. Check the bottle before you get in the water. If you have a bottle failure and it is cold enough to necessitate argon, borrow your buddies argon. If you can handle using mix in your suit for the dive profile, unclip your hose to your power inflator and use it on your suit. Power inflator and suit inflator are basically at the same point on your body so this hose is useable.

Last edited:
Has anyone here actually used Trimix in your drysuit? The one real life experience I've heard involved the person almost getting into serious trouble. They were incapacitated by shivering.

Tom

Has anyone here actually used Trimix in your drysuit? The one real life experience I've heard involved the person almost getting into serious trouble. They were incapacitated by shivering.

Tom

Yeah! not in an emergency I just try it to see if I would get colder than I normally would. It was a fairly short dive about 60 minutes in 45 degree F, I wasn't cold enough to shiver but it was very uncomfortable to say the least, I won't do that again.:shakehead:

Al

Tom

Its bad in MX and the water's 78-80F there. Do-able if you're not all that deep and overinsulated, but not very good.

Peter had to inflate with 25/25 when his argon reg failed on us in Canada. He got cold.

^^ If he got cold with 25% Helium, I'd hate to feel a deep diving mix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom