Area Teammates.. Let`s Get WET!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't really say on the webpage (last time I looked it only had location and fees), BUT: the nearest place to rent tanks is not-so-near, or so the Twin Lakes owner told me when I asked from curiousity.

So, if you have a local dive shop, best bet would be to rent from them.

Jeff

Originally posted by TexasMike
I think Tom Vyles and myself need to start digging our own mudhole so we can dive every week like youse guys.

--TM (the jealous one)

I totally agree, Mike...I'd like to lend a shovel and help you dig a new place to dive. :)

Originally posted by pduncang
Thanks Dee.
I am waiting for my BCD to come in. Then I will be out there (or down there).

Does Twin Lakes have a place to rent tanks?

-DD
:tinker:

No, there's no tank rental at Twin Lakes. You'll need to rent and/or bring everything you need. We usually do 2 dives on Wednesday evenings.

Eventually, the owner wants to have a fill station and maybe some tank rentals but Twin Lakes is still in it's beginning stages so we're keeping our fingers crossed!

Heck, I may be mistaken, but I don't even think Blue Lagoon has a fill station :)

And you'd think THEY could probably afford it...

Jeff

Originally posted by Fetch
Heck, I may be mistaken, but I don't even think Blue Lagoon has a fill station :)

And you'd think THEY could probably afford it...

Jeff

YES...Blue Lagoon has a fill station! It's on top of the hill next to the office. Fills are $5.

We had 5 divers today...Steve, Tony, Beast, Emma, and me. Emma is a brand new diver, she was one of our students two weeks ago and this was her first post cert. dive. She did great! :thumb:

Work continues around Twin Lakes. While we were there Mike added a gangway to the floating dock on the west end. All the trash has been cleaned up along the waters edge giving the whole lake a very neat appearance.

I took my housed digital camera to record a momentous occasion....Tony's 400th dive! He and Steve went heels over head on that one, as you can see in the photos.

We are all really enjoying this mid-week dive excursion. Cool diving with good friends and adding new ones weekly. (eat your heart out, Mike :eek:ut: )

To see a photo album of Twin Lakes and some of the resident fish,

Click Here.

Thanks Guys....see ya next week.

Man...what a dive!! Had an excelent time in the wet with ya`ll.
As far as tank rentals goes...he does have them but one has to call in advance so he can go get `em.He is presently looking into an air fill station so anyone know of a good price on a compressor
and equipment drop him a line or holler at me and I`ll pass it along.
Welcome to the board pduncang,Come on out Sat. I`ll be there working and would like to meet ya.
Till next time fellow swampsters.....Burp....belch.....mmmmmm.love that mexican food...:)

BCD arrived, so I am all set. Think we'll be out there Sunday afternoon. It will be our first after certification inaugural dive.

What time do you meet on Wednesdays?

When you say bring everything, does that include a buddy? Maybe not, as there were 5 of you yesterday.....

The pictures are great Dee. Looks like the visability was good.

pduncang - you don't need to worry about bringing a buddy.
You can just buddy up with someone there.

Good pics! Scott and I will be out there next Wednesday - can't wait to dive with every one again!

Sue

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom