Are you still logging your dives?

Log your dives?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm just curious,after certified; how many divers are there still log dives?

If fact market demanding buys dive computer with included log book runs in window in order to let you instantly record information about your detail dives, underwater encounters, buddies, dive locations.

If you go further education Advanced/Rescue/deep diver/Nitrox Diver/Master diver/dive master or DM do Instructor goes over any questions you how many dives did?

I encourage plan your dives and log them, successive dives, view each dive profile, depth, SAC rate and etc….

1. Divers should maintain a Diving Logs? Yes
  2. Don’t use logs book “unnecessary”?
Please give poll!

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
Jason

I voted YES!
I’m still continuing diving education need prove logs.
I new in rebreather have logged my number of time and dives for each specific unit.
Jason

where do you dive in Hong Kong im interested never heard of it. Diving that is

You mean avatar? "Inspiration rebreather" not in HK done in PG Philippines.
Jason:wink:

Gabriel75:
where do you dive in Hong Kong im interested never heard of it. Diving that is

Logged the first 200 or so then lost interest and got lazy.

nope.... i do the same dive all the time... whats the point? got somewhere btwn 4 and 5 thousand... but don't really know... don't really care...

HOWEVER.....

for those not in my position.
Yes, i agree is a great thing to log dives. what i think is important:
1) what thickness of suit
2) what weight!!!

the whole weight variable is the big one for those who dive once or twice a year. very handy to have a book that tells you that at the last couple days of your previous vacation with that 3mm suit you used 6 pounds.. much better than showing up next time and not knowing what you need to dive comfortably and then starting overweighted and constantly changing weights all week.

Numbers of dives and feet of viz and time and depth are not nearly as important for personal future use in my opinion as those things don't affect your next dive, knowing what weight you need does.... ( that opinion being formed over 7 years of working with vacation divers...)

sasscuba:
Logged the first 200 or so then lost interest and got lazy.
I only got lazy about logging repeat dives at my favorite local shore dives. My most reliable indicator on how many shore dives I do when in Maui is how many tank fill cards I use up. :)

I still log any unusual dives, and dives on trips.

As has been posted in many similar threads, your log is for YOU. Log what suits your purposes. For me, that means that my dive log has a lot of info about dive charters, phone numbers, departure and arrival times, and even hotel info.

I stopped logging my dives after about 250 or so.

Yes I do, I'm still quite a new diver <1yr. with only about 50 dives so far. I am wanting to pursue at least Dive Master level, if not more into the instruction side of diving & the logs are basically manditory. I log all but pool dives. The logs, for me, also serve as a reference I can look at for exposure protection for certain temps. in the quarries & weightings to accomodate those wet suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom