Are you still diving over there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having said all that, I have only made one wet dive up in NY this year. And boy what a hassle that was getting out of a wet 5mm. It took ages unlike my step in, step out dry suit!! I swore I was staying dry no matter what temp the water went up to!! It must be old age creeping up as you get used to the little luxuries in life :wink:

dbulmer:
Oh boy,
Are you lads going to suffer ... LOL :)
I did 55F out in SoCal this summer in my slightly less than 5mm, wish i had a drysuit back then and will certainly have it when i come back to dive in the UK and back over there.

I have had scores of foreigners and yanks from further north get cold in the springs on me due to them underestimating the temps there :wink:

Simon,
You live in Florida - how much sympathy do you think you'll get ?
Is it a) 0
b) 0
c) 0
d) All of the above?

:)

You are all welcome to come over here on vacation, i'll even show you the sites around here. I dont expect sympathy, just mentioning that in minimal thermal protection i have been known to go in colder water - i do like my bathtime here during the summer though (86F~30C, some even got 90F (32C) in the summer), could you handle that?

Well ... (indignation) Vacation? Holiday!!!!!!! 32C , sun, lots of diving, scantily clad girlies - you don't know what you're missing ! LOL

I am going on my jollies to Bonaire in April for two weeks (making the most of this visa stamped in my passport :wink:). Wonder if there are any scantily clad girlies there!! Were none in Crystal River when I was there in January!!! :( Mind you, there are some braver souls up here in NY that makes the cold water diving worthwhile!! :)

Far_X:
Wonder if there are any scantily clad girlies there!!

none in Bonaire mate- they are usually wearing wetsuits!!!!
But the diving is sweet enough to make up for it, you'll have a blast.

to update from about 10 posts back- I am not is a postion to get Advance parole due to a job switch between the approval- and my visa stamp is now expired in my passport, so unitl greendcard arrives I am like simbrooks. I could have applied for an extension, had there not been a change in employer. Again, I really didn't think it would take this long. still, sounds like you have had more problems with the divorce- my sympathies to you on that.

And all you lads from the UK definately need to come visit Florida- (I am still in Florida in my heart)-warm and sunny year round- lots of bikini's and tans- they love the brit lads too!!!

and you guys have the exchange rate on your side- come on over!!!

Went diving last week albeit in a quarry. Even inland sites are still a balmy 9-10c on the surface this time of year so theres no reason to NOT be diving.

Back
Top Bottom