Advance reserve for Dive Friends?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We will be staying at Den Laman for 2 weeks in January, and will using Dive Friends as our shop. We plan on doing a couple of boat dives each week, beyond the shore dive packages, so does it make sense to book ahead. I booked ahead for this past January because of my wife’s class and gear rental, as well as a boat dive, and got hit with a descent sized service fee. I don’t know if that is still charged when booking on site, but I can contact them about that.
What are other people’s experience?

By the way @scubadada and @Lorenzoid , we’ll be in Parrotfish this time. Any tips, or little oddities, that we should know about?

Thanks,
Erik

We will be staying at Den Laman for 2 weeks in January, and will using Dive Friends as our shop. We plan on doing a couple of boat dives each week, beyond the shore dive packages, so does it make sense to book ahead. I booked ahead for this past January because of my wife’s class and gear rental, as well as a boat dive, and got hit with a descent sized service fee. I don’t know if that is still charged when booking on site, but I can contact them about that.
What are other people’s experience?

By the way @scubadada and @Lorenzoid , we’ll be in Parrotfish this time. Any tips, or little oddities, that we should know about?

Thanks,
Erik
When we went last year, I made a reservation but didn't pay anything, just kind of a heads up since there were five of us. Paid in cash on island no service fees.

When we went last year, I made a reservation but didn't pay anything, just kind of a heads up since there were five of us. Paid in cash on island no service fees.
I thought about that, but wasn’t sure if I would be able to use the Sunwise discount. Again, a question that I will pose to Dive Friends. Thanks for the information.

Hi @RIHappyDiver

Parrotfish is a great one bedroom. You'll enjoy your stay.

If you will be doing 3 boat dives per week, it might be worth reserving the shore/boat combo package. On our last visit, we had others with us, including some training, and gave them our boat diving days. I doubt that January would be so busy as to require you reserve boat days, but consider it.

Yes, the Sunwise discount is worth using. I have found Dive Friends very good at communicating

We did the shore/boat combo package, booking well in advance. We had not done any Bonaire boat dives before that trip, and with our accommodations so close to the dock it seemed like a convenient opportunity to tick off that box. We're glad we did.

You are coming on island at the height of the tourist season, booking gear rentals, space on boats (especially if not staying at the boat operators resort), etc ahead of time is highly advised.

If “island time” gets applied to the Sunset Beach Park project directly adjacent to Den Leman … you’re going to want the best earplugs you can get.

If “island time” gets applied to the Sunset Beach Park project directly adjacent to Den Leman … you’re going to want the best earplugs you can get.
Which is one of the reasons we decided not to stay in Grouper. It would be right next to it, and only the bedrooms have closable windows. The rest of the unit is screens.

The impact hammer/pile driver is unfortunately the new soundtrack of Bonaire. You’re in prime location to eat every meal at Doner Station (across street) and Pita Madre (trailer in adjacent roundabout). Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom