Are you monogamous?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does your significant other dive? And if so are you dive buddies exclusively? I told my then girl friend if she would get certified I would take her on a dive trip to the carribean. She did and we went to Cayman Brac (little cayman did not even have a dive hotel yet). Told my mom if we could live together on a deserted island for a week and not kill each other in would marry her. 28 years later we are still diving :) . We have more friends where only one dives but it seems the marriages where both dive is stronger. During the last 30 years of diving we have always been dive partners except for 2 dives in Bonaire with our best friends (hubby and wife team- we both found it disconcerting to dive without our regular dive buddy). So do you have just one dive buddy? I am blessed that we both have such a love for this sport! Bill and DeeDee happily monogamous and reany for our next adventure

My bride has been my buddy for 30+ years. We've had wonderful times traveling and diving, first just us, then our two diver children and us, then us alone, again. She recently announced that she'd had enough.

I'm making a 1st ever trip by myself on Belize aggressor IV (Sundancer) this August. I have no idea how it will work out, and I have to say, I'm a bit uneasy about it.

We were. About a year after I was certified my now ex-wife did her open water and we dove together, doing a few trips to the BC coast a year and Bonaire. Now I need to get my girlfriend into it.

I wish I could say the same but...

I use to dive with my daughter...then she finished college and what you she went and found a life of her own. I am looking forward to the grand kids now.

My GF got certified but for my every three hundred dives she gets about ten in...different passions. But we did have a couple of nice dives over the weekend...with the Pronz Eugene as the highlight wreck dive.

German cruiser Prinz Eugen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You people who've lost your dive buddy or didn't have one in the first place should consider giving singledivers.com a chance. Excellent travel group for those of us without a regular buddy. It's not a dive dating situation, it's just divers without buddies or dive travel companions. The other thing I really liked about going with these guys was we had our own boat and weren't at the mercy of where the day boats were taking fun divers. There were other perks as well. Singledivers.com offer a trip every month or more, a number of liveaboard trips, some exotic destinations etc.

As for me, in keeping with the thread, I'm a polygamist with little to no loyalty. :wink:

You people who've lost your dive buddy or didn't have one in the first place should consider giving singledivers.com a chance. Excellent travel group for those of us without a regular buddy. It's not a dive dating situation, it's just divers without buddies or dive travel companions. The other thing I really liked about going with these guys was we had our own boat and weren't at the mercy of where the day boats were taking fun divers. There were other perks as well. Singledivers.com offer a trip every month or more, a number of liveaboard trips, some exotic destinations etc.

As for me, in keeping with the thread, I'm a polygamist with little to no loyalty. :wink:

There are a couple of folks on our island who have dived with them and with great success.

I'm a bit of a slut. I'll dive with anyone or no one, but I still like diving with my best girl the best.

My girlfriend will be doing her first pool session tonight. For $125 extra, our LDS offered me a refresher course. Basically, I take the course with her. Great way to brush up on my skills as well as bond with her during her training. Very excited! Our first trip will be to Cozumel in August.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom