Are you from DAYTON OH & Coming Soon to Cozumel? We Need A SPECIAL PACKAGE DELIVERY!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JenLoves2Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hola and greetings from Cozumel!
Please, does anyone live in the Dayton, Ohio area that is planning a trip to Cozumel in the very near future?

Some wonderful Cozumel angels have all joined in with the help of TriKuzam (Cozumel's Ironman Triathlete Team) to donate a one-of-a-kind hand propelled Eagle Rider racing chair for Gabriel Silva. This is an amazing donation! They need someone to pick up the chair in Dayton and bring it down with them when they fly into Cozumel. It will be the same size box they use to fly the racing bikes down for the IronMan so the airlines are used to these types of cargo.

As you may or may not know, our friend Gabriel, is the dive master from Cozumel who was seriously injured in the dive accident back in September 2011, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down when he dove to rescue his friend and boss, the late Opal Cohn of Scuba Mau. Gabi’s dream is to immediately start training for upcoming racing competitions and to build his upper body strength and he needs this bike as soon as possible.

If you know of someone making the trip down from Ohio in the next few weeks, please send me a facebook message or an email to via jenloves2dive at gmail dot com. (Spelled out here so I don't get spammed) You can also contact Dailene Erickson of Cabrilla Cozumel which is on facebook. They will handle all associated costs but if you wish to donate the cost to fly the bike down or make a donation to Gabi, all the better, as you will be helping Gabi tremendously!!

Muchas gracias!!

I saw the picture of Gabi on FB diving with his monifin- It was great to see. I havenever met him but have many freinds who know him. Good luck to Gabi in his training. Your an inspiration.

Gabi is a real inspiration to all of us. I have never met a man with so much determination, strength and happiness.
I really hope we can find someone that is coming here to help get this chair/bike to him so he can start training.

BTW, just so people don't get concerned, that photo was in Columbia Shallows where the maximum is about 30 feet. He was cleared by his doctor to be able to dive in shallow waters. It is so great to see him back in the water again.

Thank you for the update on Gabi ! Is it possible to post a link or information on where to send funds for Gabi ? Please let him know that he hasn't been forgotten and has many friends he hasn't met yet !
Thanks!
Julie

Wish I could help, but I'm in the wrong part of the country.

I am extremely glad to hear he's back in the water and cycling despite his injury.

Jen,
I hope to be coming down again soon, I'm in Toledo, but my son lives in Dayton.
If Big Oil will give me the time off, and I can find a reasonable flight, perhaps I can be
of service. Are we dealing with a certain time frame here?

Darol

darol, i am the one trying to get this bike down here and jen did the favor of posting. the end of april is really best as he needs to start training for the half ironman which is sept 22, giving him 5 months to train. if you think you can come down by then, please let me know. if not, we may simply have to get it shipped and eat the fees. :(

I go back and forth from Houston every few weeks. I can give you my business UPS account number and ship it to me here in League City Texas. PM me and I'll give you shipping instructions

I am sure I can get it down by mid April.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Gracias Dave!
As ALWAYS, you come through for Gabi...very much appreciated. I will let Dailene know about your message.

When are you going to be back on la isla? It has been way too long since I've stopped by to say "Hi" and I would love to sit and chat a spell.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have not used the PayPal account for Gabi in a very long time after the initial time it was set up to handle their (Gabi and Opal) medical bills right after the accident. I will always be happy to forward donations directly to Gabi and you can contact me and I can take it to him or his wife Maria, or you can contact Pam Bertrand who had something set up for Gabi via safe send and BOA and kept people informed through the Facebook Page "
Rally for Opal & Gabi & Heath's Recovery Scuba Mau". I am not in the loop on that group so I am not sure how it is set up these days since BOA is stopping the safe send thing. I do know she was accepting monthly commitments to help with his ongoing medical bills.

If you would like to send a donation straight to Gabi via me here in Cozumel, I will be more than happy to deliver it to him. Just email me and send Gabi a message too, so he is aware that a donation has been made and is coming his way and you can be assured that your donation has reached him and he knows it is coming. Gabi is on Facebook as Gabriel Silva.
You can email me at: JenLoves2Dive at gmail dot com (written out to escape the bots) and I will send you my PayPal email address and instructions.
Since I bank at BOA in the states, I can take it out via Santander bank here and give it to him directly.

Jennifer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom