Are you a sharer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both as well. To me diving is like primitive camping in the wilderness or rappelling a rock wall. Once you have gained the knowledge to safely survive an environment and mastered the gear and techniques used there, very little can compare to peace and serenity of being alone and completely comfortable in a place most others never get to see.
I can also enjoy sharing these unique places with others. I'm sure most of us know the enjoyment of being shown something we might have missed or seeing the smile on a buddies face when we point something out. Although I have noticed that grinning under water may cause leaks.:wink:
I got this shot of a fresh water "jelly" last weekend at a local quarry and thought I'd share it. They can be hard to spot. I saw it and stopped to point it out to my buddy. His hand is the background. The jelly is at the base of his thumb. It's a small thing but we enjoyed it.

Attachments

• Blanch92511001.jpg
    Blanch92511001.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 130
I'm a sharer!

It actually drives me nuts when I can't get my buddies attention!

For example, today was the first time I've ever spotted an octopus without someone showing me.

So I spotted the octopus, and signal my buddy to swim on over.
I signal him to give me his camera. I give him the YOU LOOK THERE!

So he obviously doesn't see the octopus, and he gives me the look, and I look back and give him the :eyebrow: + :wink:
With the camera running I give the octopus a little encouragement and he swims away.
It was awesome!

And then I snagged a lobster with my (same guy) buddies new noose style lobster thing, and am holding it up to showboat and the lobster slips out of the loop.

Good times.
A buddy really makes it worth it

Ah ... a sheepish edit!

In general I'm a sharer. That's part of why I became an instructor in fact.

I'm a sharer. I love coming up after a dive and talking with my buddy sometimes the whole group about what we've seen. In some ways it keeps the dive going even after we're out of the water.

Sharer here. I like keeping good communication with my buddy and sharing what each of us finds fascinating. Even with wrecks, I or my buddy may find a neat carving or a spot where a large fish has made it his home. I like to take my pictures and make sure my buddy sees it too.

It depends on the dive. When I'm solo diving, I'm a soloist. When I'm diving with experienced people I know and trust, I can be either ... depending on what the other person needs or wants. When I'm diving with newer divers, I'm a sharer ... sometimes bordering on mother hen.

It's all good ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I try to share when I can, but I'm not the most attentive diver yet. Still very much a newbie, so i) I can only concentrate on buoyancy control, navigation, depth/air, but maybe not on non-life-threatening things and ii) I don't necessarily know what to look for and where.

But I love people who are sharers. I got into diving because I'm interested in viewing marine life, especially in a different setting. If someone shows me something new or something rare, then I am fulfilling my goals.

Well, when diving the Red Sea and coming across a nudi, my first thought was, "Where's Lynne?"
Me to buddy: Look, nudi! You stay, I'm going over there to get Lynne.

LOL.. Yeah, I think I am a sharer.

Sharer. Likeminded divers generally stick together.

Back
Top Bottom