Are you a sharer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both. I really enjoy diving solo which might suggest I don't care to share. I do have to admit that there are things I really like about going solo compared to having a buddy. When I do buddy dive, the amount of sharing I do depends on how the buddy and I dive and the purpose and location of our dive. It we stay reasonably close and accessible (side by side) then lots of sharing is the norm. If we separate more to the point where we have to work a good bit just to keep track of each other then there is little to no sharing. With my usual buddies, we often end up doing both in the same dive. With working dives where we are clearing weeds rather than looking for things, the only thing we usually share is each other mud.

I think I would like to be a sharer, but logistics sort of prevents it. Here in the boonies it means a lot of shallow solo dives. At the popular dive sites near the city, coordination with a buddy is difficult since my old buddy has been out of diving, and the drives are long. On "vacation" down South it will be the insta buddy thing--can't get to know anyone really. Maybe I can hook up next Spring with a new regular buddy here.

Selective / variable sharer. I have a pretty good idea of what my favorite dive buddy finds interesting. With others, I try to learn a bit about their experience and interests.

We should all avoid being either:
- the overly enthusiastic diver who points out everything, or
- the diver who casually mentions the sea horse (whale shark, dolphin, whatever) after we're back on the boat.

I am not really a sharer, simply because when you dive on a wreck both parties involved are looking at the wreck.

hmm.. tough question.

A lot depends on my mood I think, and where I am diving. Tropical with lots of fish - well there is just more to point out. Here... there are rocks.. and some fish.. and rocks.. and some mud... and rocks - you get the drift (but I like the real big rocks!)

I am overall a pretty introverted person (wouldn't guess it from my loudmouth on here!), so I prefer to stay quiet and look around myself, though I go whenever buddy has something to show

Solo, peace and quiet, the unique ocean tranquility.

A bit of both, but I especially love to dive with sharers in locations new to me. Lynne, you were an awesome sharer when I dove with you at Cove 2 this summer.

I love shearing and diving with shearers, but I also love diving solo - I know, shame on me, Im gonna die and so on. No need to derail - so Im definetly "a bit of both"

Edit: I think that shoulda been sharing and sharers, but hey, Ill let it stay wrong just for the interesting images you can make up in your mind from my typo :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom