Are you a fresh or salt water diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably 75% OCEAN.

I can be at either in as little as 20 minutes and enjoy both.

More life to see in the ocean but freshwater tends to have more artifacts.

Freshwater saves the salt clean-up but may send you home with a nasty bio-load that will get your fear smelling funky so I don't take a free ride on gear rinsing.

Fresh is a fallback during heavy seas and for some special deep destination sites.

Pete

Dive only salt? Lucky you! I'm eight hours away from the coast, so if I'm going to keep my skills up and get in something close to the number of dives I want (is there ever really enough of those?) then I must dive in what's available.
After checking the logbook, about a third of my entries are saltwater. The others are fresh, but I try to keep it varied. I dive springs (great vis, but shallow. However, some are rather unique), quarries (boring? Well, we try to keep things livened up with games, training sessions, etc...) and lakes (Okay, so really clear ones are hard to find. So it tests other skills, sort of like doing a night dive. That's not bad.).
Perfect? Not even close, but hey! It's underwater!

So far only cold, dark, and wreck infested fresh water, but have my sights set on some blue water doving this coming winter.

For those salty/warm water folks (and even the boys and grils from New Brunswick) who may not be away the Great Lakes make for some very inteesting and challenging diving, with more wrecks than you can point a camera at.

Come to the cold and dark side, you might just enjoy it.

Any dive is cool with me ..........But I have a serious addiction to salt water!!! I just cant seem to get that money off my back....

The fresh water dives are closer...(Lake Champlain)
but the salt water dives are always warmer...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom