Are we still on for Wed, 7-21-04???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myself and a buddy or two may be able to make it.. We had planned on Red Rock Reef off Boca Grande but they might be up for a road trip. Would this be a good dive area for my buddy who just got his OW cert on Saturday? I've never been there.. Just noticed on a Blue Springs website it mentions the water temp is 72 year around.. Going to be chilly in my swim trunks.. hehe

So it looks like we will pack out the spring then?

It was murphdiver and myself, add on his wife baitedstorm and another guy staying in town (MDColson i think?), netdoc plus ducks, maybe smokeaire and madeline, now bdrannik +1, i think we might have to take it in turns getting down there i feel. Its probably large enough for 6 people at one time without getting too crowded, so maybe only two groups or something like that?

Wear a 3mm or better in the spring unless you really want to freeze your rear off.

BTW, who is bringing the grill, we could have a mini-party with that many folks there. :wink:

We were looking to get there around 1.15-1.30 and getting in two dives before being ushered out at 5pm or so. Plan on 80ft max dives, although most time will be in 30-60ft.

Could somebody rattle off a quick description of what Blue Springs is like? Then I can pass the info along to my dive buddies and see if it interests them.. Thanks..

This thread is the one which most people signed up on, in it are links to a map of the spring and to other threads detailing views of others on the spring layout, features and hazards. Its a nice spring, remember no lights, add about 2-4# to your regular fresh water weight or if like two other coastal dwellers who are diving fresh for the first time, take 2-4# off your salt weighting and you should be around where you want to be due to the upflow of the spring - those two are key to your enjoyment of the site. A few people going have done this site a few times and others many times (i think Netdoc is the only one potentially over half a dozen times), so on the site itself you can get some form of debriefing on what to expect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom