Are there any GOOD shops in north Houston area...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
We tried one, and they were nice at first, then started jerking her around: "Well, we TRIED to support her local dive shop " That story :censored:

The we tried another that sounded more promising. "Well, we TRIED to support her local dive shop - Part 2!!" The other story :banghead:

I really would like to help her find an LDS she can trust to work with there, but its' looking hopeless...?? :shakehead

She wants to do AOW & Nitrox before your Christmas trip to the Florida Keys, but were both so frustrated with the way she's been treated so far. :bash:

:hmmm: No responses? Okay, on to internet shopping...

Hi Don,

I am not sure where all of their stores are located, but Sea Sports Scuba has been good to me over the years. I would also recommend R & D Scuba located on Westheimer, near Beltway 8. Neither of these options may be far enough north to help.

Thanks, but she tells me that if she had to go back to Sea Sports, she'd just quit. One member suggested Gigglin Marlin, she wanted to get her Aow before we go to Florida, and they have a weekend class in two weeks, so she's gonna try them next.

They did promise to get the Oceanic fins & snorkel I suggested, as well as the other accessories that every store usually stocks so, she's going to try to buy those locally one more time. I ordered fins and snorkel from Scuba Toys this morning. :D

Actually I have had pretty good experience with the dive shop(one in Humble) under discussion. I probably never would have gotten through the course except for their patience. When I did AOW thru them, the instructor who is a good friend of mine put us through a weekend through hell. 2 1/2 solid days of classes and no slack was cut any of us. Repeated searches and navigation runs. Did we learn a lot-you bet. Did we become better divers as a result. We sure did. Was run as a college class. Most of the students were in it for a grade. I didnt care about a grade as at age 51, it didnt affect my career. I did get an A though.

On gear purchases, any problems I ever had were resolved to my satisfaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom