Are shore dives legal on Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know you from some guy on the street, but in reading this thread and the Aqua Safari thread you most definitely have a posting style that is aggressive and confrontational.

If you read your own post here, you should very quickly realize that posting any question or statement on an internet forum is in direct contradiction of your own beliefs.

If you want it from a verifiable source... quit posting questions on an internet forum - you know we are all unverifiable sources. In fact don't search for any information on the internet - for it is all second hand as you did not research or verify any of the information yourself. If you do want an answer, find the website for the Marine Park in Cozumel and read the information yourself. Of course it is going to be in Spanish as that is the official language of Mexico . You will have to translate the information yourself... because relying on a translator would be another third party. Better yet, pick up the phone and call them yourself.

But most of all, like others have said, you should quit questioning peoples integrity and knowledge of the business environment that they are working in. It is not their job to prove anything to you. They provide you information, which you continue to question. And in case you don't see it from this post and those of others, you are the one who is looking like a jack%^$.

Go ahead, flame away.... I expect nothing less based on your posting history. :flame:

So true - he did nothing but flame flame flame...uh, kinda like you did, I guess.

What is this attitude that everyone has that the burden of proof is on ReefHound? If someone makes a statement while giving no actual proof to back it up, the burden of proof is ABSOLUTELY on the one who originally made the statement.

Does everyone know about the other new law in Mexico? All scuba divers travelling to Mexico must first pay me $100 for a diving license. If you don't believe me, look it up here: Gobierno de México en línea. If you think I am lying, prove it. Show me where it says that you DON'T have to pay me $100. I have made the statement and provided a link. Case closed.

And for the record, I have only shore dived in Cozumel under the watchful eye of an instructor during our OW certification dives - and I have no idea whether we were or were not in the Marine Park.

You were. Please pay the fine on your next visit to Mexico. And send your $100 for your divers license to Murdrcycle, c/o Midwest Scuba in St. Charles, MO.

I am not calling Christi's honor into question, but come on - the guy asks for proof of a statement and he is told that the burden of proof is on him??? Personally I would have trusted her, but if you can't back something up then just don't say it.

And I expect to start collecting that $100 fee from all of you immediately or I am sending Federales to your hotel rooms.

:dancingsnoopy:

Looks a bit pricey. Not saying it isn't worth it but basic info is available everywhere. Names of dive sites, depths, descriptions, etc. are easy to find. Are there specifics in there not seen elsewhere? I think we've got the boundaries issue covered.

Probably the specifics are everywhere but I saw the book at the dive shop liked it and bought it. The question was being ask about boundaries I looked in the book and it showed the park and reported my findings just for information.

Wow, thanks for the info! If anyone wants to know the precise boundaries by civil survey description, try this site.

GPS El polígono se inicia en el vértice 1 ubicado en la punta norte del Arrecife "Paraíso" de coordenadas 20º28'35.22" LAT. N; 86º58'47.31" LONG. W partiendo de este punto con un RAC de N 70º49'15" W y una distancia de 2,435.15 m. se llega al vértice 2 de coordenadas 20º29'02.93" LAT. N; 87º00'06.92" LONG. W partiendo de este punto con un RAC de S 24º56'38" W ...

That's a sampling, it goes on for a few pages. Um... maybe I'll stick with the pretty map?

murdrcycle, thanks for the support but just let it go. Everything has settled down now. I think I was correct on an academic level but could have made my posts more "friendly".

Nope - I see a real money making opportunity in this.

Man, everyone on this board is twisted so tight. Make a few jokes and people think you are some kind of Nazi.

There was a time when we were twisted so tight that you would not have been allowed to say that.

Nope - I see a real money making opportunity in this.

Man, everyone on this board is twisted so tight. Make a few jokes and people think you are some kind of Nazi.

Hey Murdrcycle! I thought that was really funny. You've go a great sense of humour, kinda ugly, but real funny.:D

I'm headed to Coz diving in February. But you guys SCARE the CRAP out of me!

I'm headed to Coz diving in February. But you guys SCARE the CRAP out of me!

It's the winter and not enough diving has everybody a little on edge. Really we aren't so bad... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom