Suggestion Are Scuba Dive Destinations properly ranked?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Bretagne

Bretagne

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
May be yes from an American point-of-view :wink:

personnally I would have prefered to group them by sea/ocean instead of Continent. I have specifically a problem with the Africa/Middle East.

I would have prefered to have all Mediterranean Sea together, be it European, African or Middle East, Red Sea Separately, may be grouped with Arabo-Persian Gulf (so much posts for Red Sea that it deserves its own forum), Indian Ocean which groups Africa, Madagascar, Mascareignes Islands (Mauritius...), Maldives and eventually a part of Asia/Australia, then Atlantic Ocean.

So Europe would be split in two: Mediterranean Sea and Cold water Europe (Atlantic, Channel, North Sea, Baltic,...)

As it is now, Turkey is a lot closer to grece than to Kenya or South Africa (both in location and diving environment), but Turkey is not grouped with Grece.
I know that to change it would be a lot of work, so may be at least create a specific Egypt/Red Sea forum?

Being Australian I thought I should reply. I don't think it is 'ranked' as such, more like 'regionalised'.

Australia is NOT Asia - as the South East Asian nations keep telling our government. Western Australia alone could be broken into separate parts as it stands, let alone the rest of Oz.

That said, I reckon if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's good enough as is.

Yeah, may be my suggestion is not so good.
I have a problem with the Africa-Middle East that is canibalized by Sharm- Dahab- Hurgada- Marsa Alam and the same again, but may be the solution to correct this is not what I propose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom