Are Malaysian dive resorts open for business in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ganzoe

Reaction score
Does anyone know if dive resorts are open for business during December in Malaysia?...I am planning to do my rescue diver during that time and I heard from a fellow diver that all resorts in West Pennisula Malaysia is closed due to Monsoon session...is that true?

All the resorts that I know of in that region are closed in December. Diving is pretty much out of the question then. Maybe you should ask the specific shop you are planning to take the course with. If you don't have a shop in mind, try a few.

Lankawi is not closed, and it is in the west coast of the West Malaysia; closer to Thailand. In fact, high season.

East coast Malaysia closes down for the monsoon in December. West coast should still be open. About the only choice is Langkawi and the viz is pretty ordinary.

How about Sipadan in November? I'm planning a trip for the middle of hte month. Will the diving be ok then? I didn't think they were seriously affected by the monsoon.

Ganzoe once bubbled...
Does anyone know if dive resorts are open for business during December in Malaysia?...I am planning to do my rescue diver during that time and I heard from a fellow diver that all resorts in West Pennisula Malaysia is closed due to Monsoon session...is that true?

East Coast Of Pen. Malaysia is CLOSE

West is open ...ie. Langkawi Island

Sipadan, Sangkalaki, Langkayan, Roach Reef ...etc..... can dive, time to time strong wind & a bit of rain ... viz. 15-20m, at times 10-15m.

Hope this will help

:mean:

Ganzoe once bubbled...
Aye Snafu thanks for the tip mate!!!!...

I'm going Tioman this weekend & next weekend ... water going to be flat & crystal clear.

Would U like to join me for some fun diving?

:D

Damn I wish I was staying in Malaysia....Sorry dude...I'm stuck in miserable cold arse Melbourne....when I am in JB this December...I will catch up with ya...might go diving in the East side though since everywhere else is closed!

Ganzoe once bubbled...
Damn I wish I was staying in Malaysia....Sorry dude...I'm stuck in miserable cold arse Melbourne....when I am in JB this December...I will catch up with ya...might go diving in the East side though since everywhere else is closed!

:D When u come back ... in Dec. we go Desaru for Lobster hunting okie.

I will go next week...monday or tuesday to hunt for Lobster.

Viz. 0.5-1m average in the morning & noon ... shallow depth 3-6m only ..... :mean:

Manage to catch 12 lobster 2 weeks back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom