Are DIN to Yoke conversion kits all the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys, I'm looking to convert my 1st stage to a DIN, however I'm looking at some of the prices and its just rediculous.

In particular I have an Oceanic Delta IV FDX-10 (DVT) Yoke and the Oceanic conversion kit is $74!

I'm looking at a few others, like the Zeagle one and they're half the price! I'd imagine it to be the case, but I want to confirm are most conversion kits made such that they are interchangeable?

Yoke to DIN conversion kits for first stages will differ based on design and/or manufacturer. This is the case as it essentially has to mirror the yoke retainer design for each first stage and there is no commonality with that part across the scuba industry.

Within a brand, it is comon to have a single DIN kit that wprls for all regs - for example, the Scubapro universal DIN conversion works on all SP regs except the (not produced since the 1980's) Mk 5.

On the other hand, DIN to yoke adapters all screw on to the male DIN connection on a DIN reg and as such are all the same and interchangeable.

----

$74 is a bit much in terms of cost. I think many Scubapro dealers sell the Scubapro DIN conversion for around $45-$50.

No, they usually are not. In fact, within a particular brand, the din conversion kits may be different model to model. I say usually because there are some generic reg manufacturers that slap on whatever brand name is ordered. Those regs may share many (most) components including the din conversion kit. Oceanic is probably not in that group.

Ahh~ that makes me sad.

I don't think scubapro and oceanic are related companies are they? Looks like I'll have to shell out the moolah for the oceanic conversion kit.

Your reg looks kinda like the ODS RG-1009, or the RG-1008, hard to tell because of the rubber protection. ODS is a Taiwanese OEM for a lot of brands. Look around, maybe you get lucky.

Some are similar, but without your reg in hand it is hard to know if it the same as a Scubapro one. I have SP ones on my whips since they are fairly universal.

A little cheaper than LP. I would just buy this one and be done with it.
Oceanic Din Conversion Kits *Buy Oceanic at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Oh yeah I am trying to spend your money again right? :eyebrow: So the first item in their hot deals section is a 7' hose. That will bring you close to the $99 min for free shipping. Although I didn't read the fine print.

Haha, yes you are :p

this is trying to save me money though. Glenn's Aquarius down in Monterey has HP100's but they are all DIN. My LDS has HP 100's that are Yoke but it costs twice as much to rent from them, renting down in Monterey will save me money fairly quickly!

LeisurePro has them for $54.95
Do you have a link to the LP page? I saw $75 there.

DIN is way better than yoke anyhow and eventually when you get your own tanks it will be a better setup.

Ahh~ that makes me sad.

I don't think scubapro and oceanic are related companies are they? Looks like I'll have to shell out the moolah for the oceanic conversion kit.

Don't be too sad

...if you like that regulator and have both versions DIN and yoke you'll be set for whatever tanks you encounter, yours or rented.

I have a couple of regulators but for the one I really like, which happens to be an Oceanic I have both version. Takes a couple of tools and few moments to change back and forth but you're breathing the reg you like ALL the time.
Oh and as a byproduct you end up with a clean and well maintained reg.

Back
Top Bottom