Are DIN to Yoke conversion kits all the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only Oceanic reg that would share commonality with a Scubapro model is the version of the Mk 5 they used to sell - as as noted above the Mk 5 does not use the Scubapro univesal DIN kit.

Haha, yes you are :p

this is trying to save me money though. Glenn's Aquarius down in Monterey has HP100's but they are all DIN. My LDS has HP 100's that are Yoke but it costs twice as much to rent from them, renting down in Monterey will save me money fairly quickly!

Another thought - do you plan to by your own tanks in the near future? If so, most of the steels 100s come with a plug for yoke or you can take the plug out for DIN. I'm a Steel 100 Worthington fan. Small tank for the capacity. Me, I still like DIN though the HP steel (well it's really not HP as the rating is just under 3500psi) world seems to be moving back towards yoke. DIN offers a more secure o ring fitting, but you will still need the yoke adapter to easily convert back to yoke for diving on most tanks in tropical destinations.

Last edited:
.......I have several Scubapro MK10's fitted with Oceanic DIN converters.
Makes me think that all Scubapro regs made after the MK5 can use the Oceanic converter.

I think the Oceanic MK5 clone was not an exact copy of the Scubapro as regards the Yoke/Din nut.

while I do plan on buying my own tanks in the future, thats still a ways off. I just purchased essentially a full set of gear (BC, reg set, wetsuit, etc, and just this week, a drysuit), so I am less partial to invest in tanks right now.

Fishpie, do you know if the Oceanic DIN converters you're using are for the post 1999 regs? That'd be good news indeed as the SP DIN conversion kit is also cheaper than the Oceanic one.

I converted the other way as it was cheaper to get Oceanic DIN coverters.
I made the switch about 2002.
Scubapro haven't changed their dimensions........I don't know about Oceanic.....they've added allot of new regs the past 8 years.

I wonder if that one would work. Promate source their gears from ODS, and the price is right.

Hey guys, I'm looking to convert my 1st stage to a DIN, however I'm looking at some of the prices and its just rediculous.

In particular I have an Oceanic Delta IV FDX-10 (DVT) Yoke and the Oceanic conversion kit is $74!

I'm looking at a few others, like the Zeagle one and they're half the price! I'd imagine it to be the case, but I want to confirm are most conversion kits made such that they are interchangeable?

THERE IS NO CONVERSION KIT FOR THE FDX-10 AT THIS TIME!!!
OCEANIC IS WORKING ON IT.

IF YOU WANT AN FDX-10 IN DIN, YOU MUST BUY THE REGULATOR IN DIN

i'm an oceanic dealer, or you can call oceanic and they'll tell you that directly.

.......I have several Scubapro MK10's fitted with Oceanic DIN converters.
Makes me think that all Scubapro regs made after the MK5 can use the Oceanic converter.

I think the Oceanic MK5 clone was not an exact copy of the Scubapro as regards the Yoke/Din nut.

Careful with that. Scubapro's new Universal Retainer will work with most SP regs but the older Mk10 retainer is of the same design that caused the recall of the Mk20 due to over torquing of the retainer causing the body to crack. The thread size is the same on all of the Scubapro regs and I'm sure is is common to many others. But the location of the o-rings may differ and be incompatible. Or the distribution of the specified torque may not be compatible with the body design and result in problems with damaged or unstable o-rings or damaged regulator bodies.

Look closely at how the parts need to interface before deciding it seems to fit OK. BTW, with an added shim to compensate for the different lengths of the universal retainer and the Mk5 retainer, and some modification of the plastic saddle used with the universal retainer on new SP 1sts; the universal retainer will even work with a Mk5.

THERE IS NO CONVERSION KIT FOR THE FDX-10 AT THIS TIME!!!
OCEANIC IS WORKING ON IT.

IF YOU WANT AN FDX-10 IN DIN, YOU MUST BUY THE REGULATOR IN DIN

i'm an oceanic dealer, or you can call oceanic and they'll tell you that directly.

Thats pretty crazy, because I just converted my FDX-10 to DIN last weekend with the DIN conversion I got from Leisurepro.com for $54.

I call Shenanigans!

Which part # did you use from Leisurepro. I'm on with them right now and they are saying they don't have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom