Are DIN to Yoke conversion kits all the same?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm working right now, but later, I'll post pictures of why that won't work.

I'm checking into this. I think my little mexican rep at Oceanic has misled me. Because that link above looks exactly like what is on my FDX-10. I just pulled my FDX-10 apart. I'm trying to remember if there is something different between the DIN regulator and Yoke regulator that must be changed in order to use a conversion kit. I'll let you know what I find.

Gasp! I may have been given bad info from Oceanic.

Gasp! I may have been given bad info from Oceanic.
No way! How are they going to sell more first stages if it isn't the truth? Plus the manufacturer must know all. What does a persons race/nationality have to do with it?

From the question page of LP on the adapter.
"Is this suitable for fdx?"
"Yes"

I was thinking the conversation out loud. Can't remember his name... Was going to ask for "that mexican guy" when I called Oceanic.

if you're mexican and are offended by this, grow some thicker skin.

Have you considered just buying another 1st stage? I was looking at upgrading a Cressi first stage and adding a cold water kit and just decided to buy a new 1st stage. It was about the same price and I have a brand new reg.

Yeah I am thinking about buying the HOG first stage and 2nd stage so I can switch to a DIR setup. I'll just cannibalize my 2nd stage from my current setup and throw it on with a 7' hose on the HOG.

If I'm going to be shelling out $80 on a conversion kit, I might as well buy one that was purpose built for what I need it for.

Anyone want to buy a Delta IV FDX-10 DVT and OctoZ? It's got about 10 dives on it. I've disassembled it and cleaned it after every dive. $300 and I'll let it go :)

Yeah I am thinking about buying the HOG first stage and 2nd stage so I can switch to a DIR setup. I'll just cannibalize my 2nd stage from my current setup and throw it on with a 7' hose on the HOG.

If I'm going to be shelling out $80 on a conversion kit, I might as well buy one that was purpose built for what I need it for.

Anyone want to buy a Delta IV FDX-10 DVT and OctoZ? It's got about 10 dives on it. I've disassembled it and cleaned it after every dive. $300 and I'll let it go :)

That exactly what I did. :)

Oceanic Din Conversion Kit for 1999 Year regulators & Later

List Price: $79.95
Our Price: $54.95
You Save: $25.00 (31%)

SKU: OCNDAK99

In Stock

I don't get why everyone says its $79. When i look at it, they show the price of $54. It will work with FDX-10 because I just installed one on mine.

Oceanic Din Conversion Kit for 1999 Year regulators & Later

List Price: $79.95
Our Price: $54.95
You Save: $25.00 (31%)

SKU: OCNDAK99

In Stock

I don't get why everyone says its $79. When i look at it, they show the price of $54. It will work with FDX-10 because I just installed one on mine.
Not sure how you get that price :confused: Straight from the link you sent me.
attachment.php

HOG regs are the best bang for the buck. I picked up a used set from this board with two second stages and one first stage. With a long hose setup rigged for single tanks it works nicely.

Attachments

• Oceanic.JPG
    Oceanic.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 97
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom