Arctic Sea Ice about to hit Normal Levels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sort of read though his blog. To me is argues that something is out of balance.

The first graph shows an average from '79-00. It then shows the '06-07 season and then this season. It references two season against 21 to justify their argument.

So what would you say if the '04-05 season was way below the '06-07 season?

Something is out of balance and that is the reporting...

huh...you think this thread would generate more interest.

His graphs also show a lot of variation within each season and day to day. I'm not ready to give up on global warming based on a month or two of data, but then I was never one to freak out over global warming in the first place. It would be interesting to see this trend continue for the next year or two, but two data points does not statistical significance make.

Ice area only? Wouldn't volume also be a important measurement?

It would be interesting to see how different species of Arctic Animals adapt whether conditions return to normal levels, or decreasing levels.

"Ice area only? Wouldn't volume also be a important measurement?"

I think area and volume are directly proportional to each other. They may not be in perfect alignment, but they are certainly related.

A friend who recently flew over the polar region, and is familiar with ots usual coverage of ice, certainly had a far different opinion.

This is definitely good news

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom