Aquarena Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's the class run? $225? isn't there supposed to be an archaeology follow up class or something?

I've been thinking about heading down there to do the class for some time now....

D.

Daylon, we're not rich by any means, but we felt like even the one weekend of the class was well worth the money. And the best part is, you can return time and time again. It will amaze you, you won't believe you're really in a Texas lake!

It's $220 but well worth it. All subsequent dives are free, and they provide free fills on site. The lake itself is simply spectacular. It's not deep, but it is lush and visibility can exceed 60 feet. I rarely even wash my gear when I get home from Aquarena Springs: the water is that clean.

Ed

I'm in! How can I get my principal to pay the $220? I'm sure it's continuing ed of some sort?? I am a Science teacher!!!

blindref757:
I'm in! How can I get my principal to pay the $220? I'm sure it's continuing ed of some sort?? I am a Science teacher!!!

Hmmm...if you get this scam figured out, please let me in on it! I could use the continuing ed points!

blindref757:

I would call it continuing education cause I was up there a few months ago on a Friday and several school were having field trips. The kids rode the glass bottom boat and dip water out of the lake to see what was in the water. Once you are cert. to dive in the lake you might be able to teach class underwater while your class is in the boat cause I have been told they have underwater comm. gear that can allow divers to talk to people in the boat.

If I were you I would cal Aquarena and see if that might have a discount or some program that works with teachers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom