Aquarena Springs May 6-7, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
We are forming a class for Aquarena Springs May 6-7, 2006. Course will be with Surface Interval Scuba and conducted at the Aquarena Springs Center. Cost is $220. Full payment is due at the time of signup. I have posted a webpage on my website with more information.

http://www.siscuba.com/Aquarena%20Springs.htm

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Diving for Science at Aquarena[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Dive in Aquarena's Spring Lake in one of the state's best and most visible diving lakes - comparable to visibility in the Caribbean Sea. The new Scientific Diving Program helps assure that all diving operations in Spring Lake are procedurally safe as well as environmentally sensitive. Once certified, divers have limitless opportunities to participate in the Volunteer Diving Program.

Scientific Diver Authorization Course
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Two days: Saturday & Sunday
This two day course focuses on The Edwards Aquifer, the Habitat, Endangered Species, Archaeology, State & Federal Regulations governing Spring Lake and advanced diving techniques to ensure protection of this critical habitat.[/FONT]

Please call or email us if you would like to sign up or receive more information.
817-652-3483 or email info@siscuba.com
[/FONT]

ScubaTexan:
Awesome! You will LOVE it! :D

Agreed. Donald and I just returned from New Braunfels, we stayed there while taking the course at Aquarena. Then we camped on the Comal river and went back to Spring Lake to dive. We are thrilled with this lake- so much fun to do something meaningful, and be in such a pristine dive site at the same time. I can't wait to return.

We have had an excellent response to the Aquarena Scientific Diver Program in Austin, Texas. Several divers have expressed an interest in taking the course but they can not do it on the dates of May 6- 7. We have changed the dates to May 20-21 to accommodate the majority of the divers. Aquarena is sending the student material binders early next week so that you get the materials beforehand to start studying as soon as you sign up. Please let me know ASAP if you want to sign up because the enrollment is limited to 18 people. The center needs volunteers and this is a great way to help the environment and enjoy clear water in Texas!
Scientific Diver $220.00

Would you like me to tag along that weekend, Debra? I can call down there and arrange it with the diving director (whoever is doing it in Bridget's place now).

Looks like I can't do it that weekend after all. I have to work on May 20... :frown:

Sorry to hear that Ken, would have been nice having another experienced diver there! We have been conversing with Eric Peterson from the center and he is sending out the student materials this week. He also said they are in need of volunteers!

I'm sure they are, and, believe me, I would love to be there. But these are the things we have to do in order to do the things we want to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom