Aquarena Springs 3-18-2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver:
The albino catfish are gone from the lake. I was talking with Ron Coley (the director there) and I ask about them when I took Dee out there last month and he said that people still sneak in and fish and they are all gone.
It's in the big aquarium, just recently acquired from a state hatchery (or so I've been told).

Tuesday was a good day for the diving! I'm sorry that Ken wasn't able to get some more diving in, I also didn't want him to get a glass bottom boat crew cut. I will try to get some more of the pictures on later today. The Albino Catfish is living in the large aquarium in the exibit center, he's close to a foot long.

to the individual (solo diver carrying a yellow slate) on Sunday morning around 11 am...

Please learn to fin properly while in Spring Lake. The visibility was exceptionally good until you came through and DESTROYED it with your rototilling and frantic handsculling. You probably want to find a way to clip off that dangling octo too, you dragged it thru Cream of Wheat for at least 20'...

My partner and I found it amusing that you were constantly showing us the 'OK' sign the entire time you were in sight...you were anything but OK as far as we could tell.

parrotheaddiver:
Was the salsa at the new mexican food restuarant Los Cucos? it has just recently opened and we thought it was very good and so was the pricing.

No, actually it was Mamacita's, just down the street from Los Cucos. It had just the right amount of garlic in it to give it great flavor. It was considerably better than Ninfa's salsa verde, which I have found to be rather bland.

Bridget and Ethan were going to Los Cucos for happy-hour margaritas Tuesday afternoon, but since I wasn't invited, I didn't tag along.

Here's a few of the pictures I took on Tuesday. The diver in the picture(s) is Ken our very own Scubatexan!! Sorry about the close-up being out of focus I think we were both moving and I didn't give the auto-focus time enough to lock in.

Jay_SMART_Diver:
Here's a few of the pictures I took on Tuesday. The diver in the picture(s) is Ken our very own Scubatexan!!.

Ken, you can take that snorkel off for Aquarena. Dang things just get tangled up in the weeds.

LOL, I know.....I almost never use one anyway, no matter where I'm diving. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom