Aquanuts in Largo is going...going...gone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocean Reef Club at the far north end of Key Largo is the future of the keys. Card sound road is their driveway.

Another problem the Keys are going to be having that we fortunately got a jump on up here is the lack of boat ramp and public docks and marinas. When a condo developer here buys out a marina or property with public docks they are required to maintain a certain percentage of public slips even if they’re a private gated condo. Without that the condo and resort owners are going to quickly drive the existing good dive operators out and get a monopoly on that market.

That idea of a floating dive resort offshore of Pennekamp is looking better to me all the time.

CBulla:
What I really want to know is where are these folks getting all this money?!?

Off of everyman...

While my salery has basically grown about 1% a year in the past five years, our Exec. Mgmt, right up to the VERY hign end CEO, has had salary increases of between 10-30% per year. This is while laying off staff!!!

Fortunately our CROOK of a CEO is now going to jail, however not after he stole hundreds of millions from the company, and put about 50% of our work force on the street. Granted, that is not all his fault (False Intranet boom, IPO's and all that) but he had a HUGE role in the case of Worldcom/MCI).

Let's face it, while I've watched countless good workers get laid off, upper, and upper middle mgmt has been booming in our company. And what do they do? Well in general, waste a lot of time. A good analogy is, have you ever seen a situation where there is five guys pointing at the hole, looking important and discussing the progress while ONE guy digs?? Multiply that by 100, and IMO you have the MGMT at many big firms. Ironically, they do very little other than to clog the system, and when something does get done, they take all the credit :banghead:

RonFrank:
Let's face it, while I've watched countless good workers get laid off, upper, and upper middle mgmt has been booming in our company. And what do they do? Well in general, waste a lot of time. A good analogy is, have you ever seen a situation where there is five guys pointing at the hole, looking important and discussing the progress while ONE guy digs?? Multiply that by 100, and IMO you have the MGMT at many big firms. Ironically, they do very little other than to clog the system, and when something does get done, they take all the credit :banghead:

That is completely what it is at the company I used to work at. They were so bad that IT didn't care if your family blew up because work consumed so much of your time you never saw your family. In fact, IT didn't even consider that the employee may have something else besides working for IT on a fixed salary that one could basically have 2 jobs for the time spent there. May interesting reciprications be rained down upon those who brought such distress on so many good people. :D

Now, lets get out and dive!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom