Aquanuts in Largo is going...going...gone...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The housing market is just crazy.

Greenspan has said as much and he intends to bump up interest rates 2 to 3% over the next couple of years to try to slow the increase some.

And its true all over. I purchased a home in Arizona in 2001 for $400,000. Even though its not for sale the broker I used at the time called in July to let me know that they had a buyer would would give me $950,000 for the house as is.

Thats just nuts. If it goes to seven digits its sold !!!!!

This is like a bad monopoly game parody! Luckily, I live closer to Baltic ave than Park Place!

We need to go back to diving with those huge knives, wearing Boonie hats and not shaving/showering for days when we dive these places. Then these people will not want to be a community with "those" diver people... that Scuba trash. Go to thier resturaunts and order domestic beer, tossing crab legs to the floor and a "ARRgghh!" to be heard by all.

Orlando Eric:
This is like a bad monopoly game parody! Luckily, I live closer to Baltic ave than Park Place!

We need to go back to diving with those huge knives, wearing Boonie hats and not shaving/showering for days when we dive these places. Then these people will not want to be a community with "those" diver people... that Scuba trash. Go to thier resturaunts and order domestic beer, tossing crab legs to the floor and a "ARRgghh!" to be heard by all.

That, Orlando Eric, is the best idea I have ever read on ScubaBoard.

But then again I do tend to sleep in my truck on road trip to the Keys. Luckily I know three marinas where I can scam a shower.

matts1w:
That, Orlando Eric, is the best idea I have ever read on ScubaBoard.

But then again I do tend to sleep in my truck on road trip to the Keys. Luckily I know three marinas where I can scam a shower.
Thats what I'm talkin about! Who are we impressing anyway?? The Lobster and fishes?

Know what gets my goat the most? Every one of those 'condos' will have insurance. The fact they are building these buildings on BARRIER Islands and KEY islands should immediately disqualify them for any insurance at all! No beach renourishment, no insurance.. build and live at your own risk. There is a reason why those of us who have been around a while have not built there to begin with! But we're expected to look at their buildings, clean up their trash, and pay for their insurance.. ugh.

OK.. I'm done with my rant.. I just charge much higher hourly work rates to make up the difference so I can buy diapers for my kids.

CBulla:
Thats what I'm talkin about! Who are we impressing anyway?? The Lobster and fishes?

Know what gets my goat the most? Every one of those 'condos' will have insurance. The fact they are building these buildings on BARRIER Islands and KEY islands should immediately disqualify them for any insurance at all! No beach renourishment, no insurance.. build and live at your own risk. There is a reason why those of us who have been around a while have not built there to begin with! But we're expected to look at their buildings, clean up their trash, and pay for their insurance.. ugh.

OK.. I'm done with my rant.. I just charge much higher hourly work rates to make up the difference so I can buy diapers for my kids.
Now that last sentence is a sad commentary on life. But I can so relate. I couldn't afford my house that I sold a couple of years ago if I wanted to buy it back. Hell, I my run-down little co-op unit has appreciated $50,000 since I bought it 4 years ago. Housing in NJ is nuts too.

We've been going to Kelly's every year for about 5 years now. Wife and I got engaged on the docks there....married a year to the day in the exact spot....Melba, one of the staff there at Kelly's performed the ceremony. Great folks. Would walk into the shop after a year and be greeted by name every time. Gonna miss everyone there and the small uncomfortable rooms LOL. Gonna miss the boat capt calling our Hobo's orders in via radio on the way back from the reefs. I guess Rick and Shirlee just couldnt turn down a good offer.

OglalaDiver:
We've been going to Kelly's every year for about 5 years now. Wife and I got engaged on the docks there....married a year to the day in the exact spot....Melba, one of the staff there at Kelly's performed the ceremony. Great folks. Would walk into the shop after a year and be greeted by name every time. Gonna miss everyone there and the small uncomfortable rooms LOL. Gonna miss the boat capt calling our Hobo's orders in via radio on the way back from the reefs. I guess Rick and Shirlee just couldnt turn down a good offer.
Stop it. You're making me cry.

Orlando Eric:

Unfortunately the *condo* people will put gates on the communities, and the condo people are NOT really the issue. This issue is venture capitalists, who will build these things, sell them to owners for $500,000 who will use them as rental property (by the day) for tourists (like ME :11: ). Places like Ocean Pointe are like timeshares (or maybe they are timeshares) but often the there is one owner, and it comes with buit in property mgmt and the Hotel storefront.

It's very difficult to halt *progress?*. When big money throws it at mom and pop shops the only way the mom and pop places remain is by the owners refusing to sell..... That does not apper to be happening. :banghead:

BTW, Eric, when we dive together next, please shower... I could give a rip what beer your drinking, or if you have good table manners... :D

I figure it is just a few years before the "Keys Community Ownership Association" or some other board of rich people finds a way to build a giant gate at about Card Sound Road to create the largest gated community in Florida. They will have old guys in safari hats and short sleeved starched white shirts checking I.D.s and turning those without the proper wallet away. Key Largo will look like Duck Key does today and Key West like 5th Avenue in NYC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom