Aqualung Titan First Stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alright Everyone, I have now successfully rebuilt and tuned the older two Titan first and second stage set from my earlier pictures. I am now ready to jump into the rebuild of the third set. I have a couple of issues keeping me from beginning. This model first has 4 lp and 2 hp ports so I believe it to be the 2011 and newer model. I have a first stage rebuild kit for 2010 Titan/Mikron I bought from VDH. Looking at the document that sh1513 posted earlier in the thread there are new number kits for the Titan second stages. One is 128016 and the other is 128018. I am having trouble trying to figure out which one I need and which one would be the older numbers I can purchase off ebay or VDH. Any guidance? My second issue are that this first and second look completely different from the previous Titan first and seconds I've rebuilt. The first is laid out different and the second has a different VAS and different hose connection than the older ones. Having said that I don't think my current manuals are the correct ones to use to service the regs. Does anyone have the up to date reg. service manuals? I will add a pictures of the first and second for identification purposes.
Sorry the picture is sideways.
Attached the new references for AQL service kits

Attachments

• N service kit.pdf
    290.4 KB · Views: 821
The availability of certain kits is region specific. E.g., there are some kits on the Thai list that are not on the French catalog and vice versa.

Attachments

• tarif-aqua-lung-2018 (maintenance kits).pdf
    161.8 KB · Views: 1,949
i buy from French stores, family ship for me to Peru

Good Afternoon All, I tackled rebuilding the 2011 Titan and it went smoothly except for a small snag. Part number 18 which is an oring. The new one in the kit was fatter and a bit smaller in diameter than the one I removed from part number 5 which is the plug. I did manage to get the new oring onto the plug and finished rebuilding the regulator, however I am waiting on two tools so I can properly torque everything together. I emailed the place I bought the kit from asking if it could be a mistake or if maybe it was an update and the response was that the company he has make the kits reverse engineers aqualung kits and they could have made a mistake or yes it could be an update. So now I am stuck with a regulator my brother will be using wondering if I have the proper part or not. I will include pictures of the oring side by side as well as the diagram from the Mikron/Titan. Any help as always would be greatly appreciated.
The one on the right is the new one from the kit, and left is the one I removed from part 5 which they call a cap.

do you have DIN or Yoke regulator ? Hard to say without specs of O ring. Could be the one at the DIN inlet ? ( not on the drawing however )

Last edited:
The DIN O ring inlet : 2,70 x 10,5 mm

Attachments

• 820228-128016-travel-kit-aql-1-stufe-m-o-ACD-ab-2010-2.jpg
    820228-128016-travel-kit-aql-1-stufe-m-o-ACD-ab-2010-2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 67
That part is the seal for the HP plug, if it comes from part #5 as you say.
In that case, the thinner oring should work okay IF the inner diameter matches AND it is as hard a duro as the original. Squeeze the oring and see if it is as stiff as the original. If so, you should be okay.
But from your picture, the ID's do NOT match.
If you want to try anyway, to check after your reassembly, just leave the reg pressurized on a tank overnight and then immerse it in a sink of water the next morning. If no bubbles from the HP pay #5, you might be alright.
But I'd look for a new local oring, duro 90, using the chart in that nearby post, or your original and comparing.

Back
Top Bottom