Aqualung royal first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

claymore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at a couple of AL Royal aka spaceship/flying saucer first stages on eBay and would like to know what rebuild kit they use and if the environmental seal kit used on them is the Dry Seal type and will the environmental seal kit fit on a Conshelf? Is there a DIN connector available?
I have looked around but have not been able to find a service manual or a parts schematic.

Im thinking of using it on a pony.

Thanks for any information

Pt kit 90001.......same as any other Conshelf/Titan,

The original enviro seal on the supreme models would have been oil filled.
I haven't test fitted but would be very confident that the 1st gen Titan dry enviro seal would work (they do on Conshelfs and SEA's and I see no reason for your Royal/30/Pro to be any different) NOTE that for the price you'll pay for a new kit you could buy a complete enviro sealed 1st stage on eBay.
Same goes for the DIN converter....look for a Conshelf or 1st gen Titan (SEA will not fit).

.....remember that ALL the LP ports are 1/2".
Also the original Royal 2nd stage is quite rare because they were recalled. It was USD's one and only venture into balanced 2nd stages and also incorporated a side exhaust along with the traditional bottom one.

Thank you for the information. I thought that the royal was a Conshef/Titan with a different shape but was not sure.

Thank you for the information. I thought that the royal was a Conshef/Titan with a different shape but was not sure.

Pretty much but with the 1/2 ports and for whatever reason the higher price than a Conshelf, you are better off with a Conshelf.If you do go the Royal route, I have a PDF service manual and exploaded view of it.

Back
Top Bottom