Aqualung Rocket or Blades II fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adjuster-jd

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have comments on the Aqualung Rocket fins?
I'm trying to decide between purchasing the Blades II or the Rocket fins.
Price is not a factor in this comparison.

My diving is varied between quarries, pool, and an annual ocean trip.

Any thoughts on comparing the two - pros/cons?

Thanks.

Rockets are similar to Jet fins, but not as stiff. Nor, most people think, as powerful. My wife has a pair of Blade 2 fins. They are a fairly long, stiff blade. Pretty good fins & I think generally rate well in reviews. I think it helps to have fairly strong legs with them.

I dove Rockets for many many years, but when they finally developed a tear & I replaced them I went with Jets.

adjuster-jd:
Anyone have comments on the Aqualung Rocket fins?
I'm trying to decide between purchasing the Blades II or the Rocket fins.
Price is not a factor in this comparison.

My diving is varied between quarries, pool, and an annual ocean trip.

Any thoughts on comparing the two - pros/cons?

Thanks.

===============================================

Own the original Rockets and the original Blades. Totally different fin. Rockets are powerful but REALLY work the legs. Blades are not as stiff and allow for a more graceful stroke.

My personal preference between the two are the Rockets. I like the shorter blade length. Have 2 pair, but only use one. If you decide to go Rockets and don't mind buying a pair used but in excellent condition, PM me. I'd be willing to sell my extra pair.

Is there any possibility that you can try them out in the water with full gear? Even a pool session?

I like Jets. If you lean towards Rockets I'd recommend Jets instead. But fins tend to be such a personal preference item that recommendations really don't mean much if you can't try them out for your self.

One possibility is to be patient & look for deals on used ones. Buy them, try them, sort it down to the ones you want to keep & then resell the ones you don't. Used Rockets tend to go cheap on ebay. Used jets tend to run a bit more but with patience you can get a good enough deal. I bought a pair of XL jets recently, delivered for $40, for example, though most auctions for XL Jets seem to close higher. Other sizes go cheaper, mostly. The demand seems to be greatest on them in XL.

I have not watched for Blades II fins, but I'd expect them to go fairly cheap.

I have had a set of Blades II for a couple of years. They are long and stiff. I'm buying a set of Turtles, because I feel off-center doing helicopter turns and would be a bit unwielding in tight areas. I have no problems with frog kicking with them. You can jet along pretty well. Other than that, I really like them.

Back
Top Bottom