Aqualung Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like Zeagle as they are Made in the USA. They are Apeaks clones who copied someone else who borrowed the design from..... well the history is pointless.

I do not think this is fully correct. Zeagle regs used to be Apeks sold under zeagle in the US as far as I remember . But now Zeagle first stage is different inside. If you look at say Flathead VI it has a conical floating hard seat and fixed re-placable softseat. Apeks has a built in the body(replacable for FSR) hard seat - orifice and floating soft seat. The air paths are less obstructive on a zeagle. An FST that I have has a convoluted air ways going from the LP chamber to the ports. Same for FSR. Flathead VI/7 has them going out of the LP chamber straight. On the second stage Zeagle does not use the fine adjustment just like G250. Apeks jas a fine adjustment screw.

The Titan LX is Pneumatically balanced while the Titan is mechanical balanced.

I am looking at the spare parts diagram from Aqualung. They list the Titan LX, LX Supreme, Legend, Legend Supreme, Legend Octo, and LX Octo on the same diagram. The main difference between the Titan LX and the Legend appears to be the case.

---------- Post Merged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:29 PM ----------

The Titan appears to be an unbalanced classic downstream regulator like a Sherwood or SB R190 while the Titan LX appears to be a balanced barrel poppet design like an Apeks or Scubapro G200B/250/500/S600. I have never heard the term mechanically balanced.

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:29 PM ----------

That was a typo on my part we were talking about F5 load balancers here a when I wrote that, It supposed to be "mechanical demand/downstream.

I have no affiliation with Edge/Hog. But I tried both HOG and the Edge Epic.They blew me away. Just two days ago I sold the last of my Aqua Lung Regs. I was just about to buy a Legend but ended up prefering the Epic over the Legend. I am a recreational diver and prefer the Edge over the HOG but both are great. My decision had absolutely nothing to do with cost, however, it was nice to use the extra money to pay for my dive charters. I also got to talk to the owner of the company and the sales manager about which reg was for me. Try that with the majors...And then got first class service from Jim Lapenta from this very board.

Buy what you like...most likely you will like it and have a great product. I personally really like the AL Regs but I have switched to Edge and don't plan on looking back. Unless there is evidence of faulty products and actual incidences to back it up then I think it is unfair and irresposible to post such accusations. Especially from a company that supports the board and offers its customers such great service.

Which aqualung reg did you have?

I Apeks has a fine adjustment screw.

I think this is something they added on the ATX and XTX lines. I don't remember the original TX lines having it.

I think this is something they added on the ATX and XTX lines. I don't remember the original TX lines having it.

The original TX series had two versions of the counter balance cylinder in the demand valve. The version for Europe had an end extension (2mm longer) designed to detune the cracking pressure slightly and therefore meet CE requirements for cold water diving. The rest of the world got the shorter (and higher performance) version which incidentally is still used in the ATX/ XTX series of second stages (AP2038SQ)
When they went to the ATX series a micro adjustment was incorporated so that the CE compliant detune could be done by a tech and there was no confusing requirement for different parts in the same reg.

Back
Top Bottom