Aqualung Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why not just get a Titan? It's practically the same regulator inside and, from what I've been told, breathes just fine. I'm a Conshelf diver, myself. Conshelfs use the same service kit as the Titan, are easy to service and can be bought on the used market for cheap. The Conshelf 14, 20, 21, 22, SE2, etc. are excellent, dependable regs. The older ones, like the XI and the early model XII only had two LP ports, but the 14 and later had three or more LP ports.

Personally, I would not pay the high price of the Legend but that's just me.

The Titan is similar to the Conshelf. The Titan LX which is different then the Titan, The Titan LX
second stage is similar to the Legend 2nd stage and the 1st stages are very different.

What are the internal differences between the Titan and Titan LX?

from what i understand, same 1st stage but titan lx second stage is balanced whereas original titan is unbalanced

"from what i understand, same 1st stage but titan lx second stage is balanced whereas original titan is unbalanced"

That sounds reasonable.

The original Titan first stage is a balanced diaphragm regulator. It is identical, internally, to the Earlier Conshelf series and uses the same service kit. If the only difference between the Titan and the Titan LX is in the second stage, then both are Conshelf derivatives.

I was just looking at the repair manual for the Legend and, internally, it looks like an Apex inside and is similar to the innards of my son's Edge Epic. The design is basically the same.

I have not yet found a schematic for the Titan LX, so I don't know what the difference is.

I have not been into the innards of the newest Titan LX first stage but have been told it is the same old parts just rearranged a bit, dunno for sure. However, the Titan LX I have and use is very much like a Conshelf that I also have and use. It has the cone shaped first with the single HP and radial hose arrangement and the same second stage as the current Titan LX but with different graphics.

N

The Titan LX is Pneumatically balanced while the Titan is mechanical balanced.

Hey Guys, I read that Article in Scuba Diving! Very informative. Really good read, thanks for the recommendation! So I'm assuming if the Titan LX is balanced; that all the Legends are balanced?

Hey Guys, I read that Article in Scuba Diving! Very informative. Really good read, thanks for the recommendation! So I'm assuming if the Titan LX is balanced; that all the Legends are balanced?

Titan LX and the Legend series are pneumatically balanced systems.

Titan LX and the Legend series are pneumatically balanced systems.

In other words, they are Apeks clones like Edge/HOGs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom