Aqualung Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like the legend, I say go for it. Just the regular version though, and add a HOG second to use as your octo, since they're nice and inexpensive.

My teaching rig has been a Legend LX Supreme and it has about 600 dives on it
- I recently purchased one of the Edge EXP regs and used it on a couple of Advanced dives. I must say, in use, not just paper charts..... to me it breaths better than the Titans.

Just curious here, are you saying you feel the first or second stage on EDGE is better? Or both? In terms of how it breathes..

And for what its worth, I just grabbed a Titan LX :wink: mainly cause its easy to service anywhere in the world and my diving is primarily international

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

if you follow this advice and get one of my brands, get the new Escape octo, comes with hose, is yellow, balanced and is less expensive than a HOG second and you won't have to buy a hose. Consider servicing however, buying a AL reg and another brand octo may save you a few $$ right now and cost you more later when you go to service, one brand makes it easier to find a service center.

If you like the legend, I say go for it. Just the regular version though, and add a HOG second to use as your octo, since they're nice and inexpensive.

Last edited:
. Consider servicing however, buying a AL reg and another brand octo may save you a few $$ right now and cost you more later when you go to service, one brand makes it easier to find a service center.

Now THAT is true customer service. And integrity.

---------- Post Merged at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I dive a legend LX. Unless I am really missing something, it has only one adjustment which controls both the Venturi and breathing effort. It's a great reg. I had the opportunity to try a HOG recently. Due to the level of customer support I see on this site, I am very interested in them. After diving one, my next reg will be HOG and I'll bank the extra $450. (actually ill spend it on diving...)

I'll bank the extra $450. (actually ill spend it on diving...)

and that is what I LOVE to hear! The gear is just all secondary to the actual diving.

When I hear that this or that beats this other thing hands down, oh "hog" wash. Whatever. If forty years from now I can get parts for XX then in forty years get back to me. My first Titan had two hoses, then it was called a Conshelf and now it is "travel friendly" and two HP ports, yawn, I remember when I had none and didn't care. The Titan first is timeless and as to WOB, double yawn. But, if somebody can cut the price in half, for something equally "timeless" then I am all over that.

I am willing to put one on that 40 year test plan, better get started soon though, time is passing.

N

The current issue of Scubadiving has some assessments of the latest Aqualung Legends. You may find that useful.

one must remember that Scuba Diving magazine always seems to give great reviews on products and destinations that support their paying advertisers. . (to be fair, this is true in any industry magazine though).

Regardless, also to be fair, the Aqualung regulators will always performs well in benchmark tests... because they make a quality performing regulator.

There are very few modern regulators that do not perform well in benchmark tests, especially when fresh out of the box and tweaked by a premier tech ... and that is the way most regulators are tested. What really tells is how a regulator performs after it has 100 dives on it and it has been bouncing around in someone's gear bag for a year. US Divers regulators, back when I was using them, where very good at maintaining their performance despite mild mistreatment. How today's Aqualung regulators hold up I really don't know. I do not use Aqualung gear for the same reasons that I do not use ScubaPro gear, I strongly disagree with their marketing program(s). That's not to say that both companies don't make good gear, they do, but the prices that they force their gear to be sold at means that there are many quality brands out there that perform as well both out of the box and a year later, but that cost as little as half the price. Spending twice the price so that I can be stroked by a manufacturer's advertising agency is not on my list of things that I need to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom