Aqualung Pearl i3 and Pro qd with i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love my pearl i3. The only thing I have to remember is to tell whomever I am diving with (boat divemaster, instructor, buddy, etc.) about my inflator valve. So it may be a safety issue if I get in trouble and they don't remember me telling them about it....but otherwise, I love it. I took it to Hawaii with me and it packed very nicely in my dive bag.

I just purchased the Pro QD i3. I have only used it in a dive tank but I really like a few things about the BC. It instantly reacts to control of the lever so you must master this before doing any advanced dives. It is obviously very intuitive as you just push down to release air and up to put in air. I would agree that you need to make sure that your dive buddy and others on the boat are aware of difference in inflator mechanism. This just encourages good diving practice anyway as many people are now using various integrated weight systems (release types), etc.

Back
Top Bottom