Aqualung Micro mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmonsjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used the Aqualung Micromask? It looks pretty sweet, but I was wondering if anyone had any real world experience with it. Thanks,

Jason

Dove one last weekend . The local shop has 1 in demo service. Everyone who has dove with it has left the store with one. My is now on order since they only have a pink one left . Just not my color. Just be ready to spend the money before you try one

I haven't tried this mask yet, but I'm a fan of everything Aqua Lung makes that I've tried. I'm looking forward to trying this mask.

Aqua Lung is very innovative. They also have that line of micro regulators which look great from travel.

Jeff

I just got one for me, really loved it, small volume, confortable, no problems of getting foggy all the time as sometimes happens with new masks and no leaks (in my face at least, this depends a lot on who uses the mask). Regarding durability I cannot say yet as it is brand new, but the previous experience I had with an Aqualung mask makes me think that if taken good care it lasts very long...

I have 6 dives with this mask. The mask has been very comfortable and I can say I am a big fan of it. It doesn't seem to fit my wife as well, however. She is still looking for something that will fit her better. I am very meticulous about maintenance and upkeep of my equipment and I expect to have this mask for a long time. I had the chance to try it out on a dive in the Caribbean before buying. See if you can at least try it out first.

I have about 6-8 dives on mine an love it. Very small, low volume that clears very easily. There is no neg impact on peripheral vision even though the lenses are smaller. This is my 2nd as my first had a broken pivot where the mask attaches to the strap (cardi something joint) that I noticed after a dive and couple of pool sessions, it didn't cause the mask to come off but it was compromised. Admittedly I noticed it after the pool sessions where we were playing panicked diver and perhaps had my mask removed aggressively.:)
I would buy one again.

When I first got my mask for OW cert, it was down to this and another mask. To this day, I think about that mask and when it warms up in the Spring, I'll probably go out and buy it and schedule a trip to Mexico.

I like my current mask but probably need a backup anyway. :)

Jeff

I own it and love it. IMO, best mask on the market. I have let some students use it who have leaking mask problems and they end up buying one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom