Aqualung Griplock question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Follow up:

So I recently tried setting one of the Griplock straps on my wife's new backplate.....it was ridiculously long, and I was kind of confused. They were way too long to use with a 12L or AL80 size tank.

I did some research for info about the wrapture vs non-wrapture version and could not find any info on actual length other than the non-wrapture version is longer.

I was in a shop this afternoon that had some griplock straps hanging on the wall and inquired....they pulled out their supplier's catalog and pointed to a version of the griplock for twinsets and thought maybe that what these were for....but I don't think that is what these are, as this video from Simply Scuba indicates that is not what I have:

The straps I have are approximately 51 inches long. Here is a picture of one of them laid out with a ruler:

View attachment 607945

Anyone have any ideas about these? or know how long the non-wrapture griplock straps are supposed to measure?

-Z
Im not sure of exact length, but i just purchased a set of these, and the way they are designed is to fold back on themselves twice, once on each buckle one for the macro adjustment and one for the micro adjustment on the other side

Im not sure of exact length, but i just purchased a set of these, and the way they are designed is to fold back on themselves twice, once on each buckle one for the macro adjustment and one for the micro adjustment on the other side

Thanks, what you describe is not the issue. If you could measure yours end to end unfolded without the hardware I would greatly appreciate it.

-Z

It looks to be 33 inches

Attachments

• 15992287356037597653823127268717.jpg
    15992287356037597653823127268717.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Zef
It looks to be 33 inches

Thank you for taking the time to measure yours.

The pair I have are 18 inches longer....not sure what they SCUBA application they were designed for.

I thought they might be for a doubles setup but the video that I found and posted shows that one would use 2 normal griplock straps like what you have with piece of webbing with sewn in tri-glides in between.

Even Aqualung USA could not tell me anything about these except that they might have been specific to the European market....but I am not sure. They were sealed in plastic bags with printed labels on them, as the guy I bought them from gave up diving before ever using them.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom