Aqualung Calypso Iv....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

talon4477

Registered
Reaction score
O.K. here I am again.......

How 'bout all the info on an 1985 Aqualung Calypso IV & older Calypso J model.

Is there a historical site online for older single hose reg.s?
I seem to be able to find info on double hose reg.'s, but very little on singles?

Sure glad you guys are here.....:D

Most consider any thing after about 1975 to not be vintage. Not much difference between a 1985 single hose reg and a 2006 reg except now everything is plastic instead of chromed brass.

The 1985 regulator is not vintage in my opinon, many would say that no single hose is vintage, I dissagree and enjoy diving "vintage" single hose units. I also made the most money (I haveyet) from an ebay sell of an early Calypso red label from the early 60s. The Calypso J is a fine regulator, I have one and bought it new about 1966 and I still use it. The exhaust valve is small and restrictive, it was a few more years yet before single hose jobs equalled the double hose in performance. The Conshelf, Calypso and MR12 soon changed that. There are service buletins for sale on ebay, if you need the seller link let me know. Dan and Bryan, vintagescubasupply.com and vintagedoublehose.com and several others may have some parts for Conshelf and MR12. There are a few others who have parts. Fortunately O rings are mostly common sizes and I have made first stage diaphrams for the MR12 etc.
The 1985, heck that is newer than what I consider to be my first line new stuff--lol. N

Creed gave me a MR12 second stage. The pre vortex assist version. It is really rather neat and I shot the front cover with some truck bed liner in a can stuff--lol. I may rechrome it eventually. In any case the thing works fine and will probably ride shotgun for my Royal AquaMaster on the Double 50s. I had an extra Voit MR12 first stage for it and that works well when I reverse mount it on the LH post.

Take a look through this web site----- www.vintagescuba.com

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom