Aqua Lung Legend LX Supreme what would you do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get it for the huge reduced price, call Larry at ScubaToys. You will get real service, not some high school drop out the shop owner got for minimum wage and told him how to rebuild a regulator an hour one morning. Service at LDS that already treats you that way ,HA!

DA Aquamaster:
Unless a dealer agreement prohibits it, a local dive shop should be willing to match an on-line price or at least meet you somewhere in the middle and throw in some free air fills or something to make up the difference. Even if the dealer agreement does prohibit a large discount, the shop can still do the free air fills, free annual service the first couple years, etc which benefits you but also benefits them as their costs are realtively low and they guarentee you will be back in the shop often, most likely spending more money each visit. They can also throw you a sweet package deal with very steep discounts on items not covered by the dealer agreement, like wetsuits from other manufacturers, etc.

LP is not an authorized Aqualung Dealer. They buy thier stuff grey market from europe from small stores who are willing to risk thier AL dealership. Those products are tracked with serial #s and WILL NOT be covered by the AL warranty of Parts for Life programs.

We are an AquaLung Dealer. And we abide by our dealership agreement very carefully. The Legend LX Supreme Regulator is an MRP product at $610.00 under our agreement we are able to sell that product for no less than $549.00. Period.

Under the AL warranty system will provide parts for life on any regulator as long as the regulator is serviced by an AL dealer once a year. We recently serivced an AL reg that was not under the warranty program and parts alone were close to $90 plus the service charge. And this reg was just a few years old.

You want to buy stuff grey market, buy a bag or a light or a doodad. When it comes to regulators, computers, BCs etc ....... use the PDC (professional dive center) If you have a top end shop available to you, one who has inventory, service, expertiese etc. For the most part they will work with you within reason on pricing.

Keep in mind i am a happy PDC owner with an Online store as well. We sell lots of things that the average PDC wont stock on line http://www.techdivinglimited.com but when it comes to certain products that require hands on help for set up / instruction. service and warranties you need to work with your PDC.

And by the way. $610 or $549.00 for a Legend LX Supreme is still a bargain. That regulator (I have 8 of them now) is probably THE best performing regulator made today. I have used them extensively for the past year and after thousands of dives on other regs, I can attest that this thing is just outstanding.

Regards,

JS1scuba:
We are an AquaLung Dealer. And we abide by our dealership agreement very carefully. The Legend LX Supreme Regulator is an MRP product at $610.00 under our agreement we are able to sell that product for no less than $549.00. Period.

Just what does "period" mean? Are you saying that if a customer walked into your shop with $610.00 he is ready to spend, that it would not be possible for him to walk out of their with that Legend LX Supreme Regulator and an air card good for say 50 free fills? Or maybe 3 years of free service?

Let's not be scaring off potential customers with missunderstandings about how a good shop operates.

awap:
Just what does "period" mean? Are you saying that if a customer walked into your shop with $610.00 he is ready to spend, that it would not be possible for him to walk out of their with that Legend LX Supreme Regulator and an air card good for say 50 free fills? Or maybe 3 years of free service?

Let's not be scaring off potential customers with missunderstandings about how a good shop operates.

Period means that the sale price on that product under the AL agreement will not be less than we are allowed to sell it for. 50 Air fills ..... maybe an air card but not for 50 .. and 3 years of service .... probably not for just a single regulator.

Im about the most generous guy you might come across when it comes to customer service. I deal with thousands of divers and they know how we take care of customers but frankly whaty ou are asking for is a bit much. Lets see why.

$610 regulator plus $250 in air fills and $135 in service fees- a $995 real value for $549.00 I think thats a bit much for any retailer to have to manage to sell one regulator.

What does a good BMW dealer do ? Ever get 3 years labor free from them ? How about 10 free oil changes ? I dont think so.

Support your PDC and they will support you -- but let's not take advantage here.

Happy Diving

Regards,

JS1scuba:
What does a good BMW dealer do ? Ever get 3 years labor free from them ? How about 10 free oil changes ? I dont think so.

Yes you do... it is 36 months / 36,000miles.... + you can get it to be 48 months / 50,000miles if you want.... So don't compair a $50,000 BMW to a $400 reg.... :eek:fftopic:

I have a problem with the term "Grey Market" with dive equipment.

This term derived from the electronic industry when companies copied brand name products with inferior parts (resistors and capacitors) and in some cases placed the other brand name products on the merchandise.

This is NOT the case with dive equipment. If LP is buying equipment from other sources, they are buying the real thing (AL, SP, Mares, etc). Made by the real manufacturer with the real parts.

What we are really talking about is non-warantee equipment (based on company requirements). So lets not use misleading erroneous terms. This is a misrepresented scare tactic of price fixing companies. If I can sell a product at a lower cost (ScubaToys, LP, whoever), because I am good at what I do, then I should be allowed ( It's already purchased it from the manufacturer).

LP openly admits this and offers their own warantee agreement. I have used it with equipment that I have purchased and they have been great. ScubaToys is also great and you get the manufacturers warantee also. What else can you ask for.

I completely agree with supporting your LDS (and I do when I can: lessons, certs, refills, etc.), but they are also a business that must adjust to the business market and trends or die. PERIOD! If they are not willing to work with, or support their customers, then dust thou art.

Bottom line is people can only buy what they can afford. Just my opinion.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

JS1scuba:
$610 regulator plus $250 in air fills and $135 in service fees- a $995 real value for $549.00 I think thats a bit much for any retailer to have to manage to sell one regulator.

Support your PDC and they will support you -- but let's not take advantage here.

Regards,

Didn't mean to suggest taking advantage of the LDS. The suggested extras to make up for a $200.00 difference was an either/or, not both. And I'm still paying $4.00 a fill without paying in advance for a card. Maybe it cost a dollar more because your supply is a bit thinner to begin with. I'm just trying to make it clear that a good LDS will work to find ways to compete with LP within the limits of what they can do. Not just fall back and use their "dealer agreement" as a shield.

MaresMan1:
I completely agree with supporting your LDS (and I do when I can: lessons, certs, refills, etc.), but they are also a business that must adjust to the business market and trends or die. PERIOD! If they are not willing to work with, or support their customers, then dust thou art.[/color][/font]

Bottom line is people can only buy what they can afford. Just my opinion.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:14:

How much do u think a dive shop makes buy selling lessons, certs and refills? lessons time they make what $120.. for how many hours?
Certs? same thing
Refills? 5 bucks a fill... lucky if they brake even on fills... its just air but getting into the bottle is not easy...

They make there money on gear... its a job.. but for most of them its a love....
Once i can get a Air fill on line i will shop on line... if the dive shop must die.. where would u get your air?

but thats just my rant....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom