Aqua Lung Dimension i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem I possible foresee, still being a new diver and all, is the system is supposed to make it more streamlined, but what about oral inflation, or a stressed out diver not being sure where to inflate from?
Once on, oral inflation is pretty intuitive. In fact, it's a lot easier than other BCs I have tried. As an instructor, I would not hesitate to certify a student in one. As for a stressed diver, it appears that this system reduces stress considerably.

I personally have not dove one of these and wont claim to have,
Somehow, I bet your attitude will change once you have.

I have seen these in my LDS where I work and have seen a HUGE potential problem of accidentally hitting the inflation while you are trying to ditch the integrated weights. To me they just seem WAY to close together.

If you have to ditch your weights underwater, it is likely because you are over-weighted and you are either OOA, or your inflator has failed, making it impossible to swim to the surface. In either case, accidentally hitting your inflator will have no effect. Weighted properly, you should be able to ascend without adding any air to your BC. Ditching Sure-loc weights and activating the i3 are very distinct manipulations, so I don't think their proximity to each other creates any added risk. The only other situation that I can think of to ditch your own weights would be on the surface and your bladder has failed making it impossible maintain positive buoyancy. Again, accidentally hitting the inflator would have no effect. I'm sure there are other situations, but these 3 scenarios seem the most likely to me.
Picture 003a.jpgPicture 004a.jpg

Reactions: BKP
A fellow I work with just bought one, his first brand new BCD, and broke it in working on his dock this last weekend. I asked him how he liked it and he waxed poetic. He was so effusive, if I didn't have a Balance (which I am thrilled with) with < 10 dives, I'd be seriously considering one.

Hi all I am thinking of getting a Aqua Lung Dimension i3 BCD or one similar. I like the idea of not having hoses at the shoulder to inflate and deflate. Has anyone used one of these? What do you think? Positives and negatives?

I had a mares dragon at mrs- would of saved $550 if I'd bought a BP/30lbs donut wing straight off the bat!!!!
Could of bought 1.5 X 100cf faber tanks with that kind of money!
:missing:
:depressed:

I had a mares dragon at mrs- would of saved $550 if I'd bought a BP/30lbs donut wing straight off the bat!!!!
Could of bought 1.5 X 100cf faber tanks with that kind of money!
:missing:
:depressed:
Think what you can save if you switched to just a Mae West or horse collar...

Think what you can save if you switched to just a Mae West or horse collar...

You could save money if you used that cat's hide as a horse collar BC!

well, my 2 cents worth, I have one of the Dimension I3's and i find it very intuitive and great to use.

You could save money if you used that cat's hide as a horse collar BC!
The poster was asking about the Dimension, and anyone's experience with it... he wasn't looking for your advertisement to move to a BP/W, or how he could save money by doing so... There's a surfeit of threads on here explicitly covering BP/W rigs for those looking for them...

And, was that infantile crack about the cat the best you could muster out of your copy of Snappy Comebacks for Dummies...?

The poster was asking about the Dimension, and anyone's experience with it... he wasn't looking for your advertisement to move to a BP/W, or how he could save money by doing so... There's a surfeit of threads on here explicitly covering BP/W rigs for those looking for them...

And, was that infantile crack about the cat the best you could muster out of your copy of Snappy Comebacks for Dummies...?

Fair enough,
If I wanted to buy a bcd- it is my favorite BCD on the market- I have buddied to a diver who used it on a dive with me and tried it on. It looked and felt good, and the diver using it looked well trim in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom