April - May : 21 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevin.

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So i will be making my 4th trip to the Philippines coming up here in April / May for 21 days.

My previous schedules.
Sipalay / Duain(Dumaguette)

Subic/ Puerto Galera

Sipalay/ Dumaguette / Bohol

My plan in 2017
This trip i plan to try and mix some topside attractions into my diving. My wife is not a diver so wanted to try to seek out things we can do topside but still get in some diving.

Home base starts in Bacolod since this is were my wife's family is from.
Travel via Ceres to eastern side of Negros to catch ferry over to Cebu near Moalboal.
maolboal for 5 nights - this give me 3 days diving and 1 day for Kawasan river excursion.
Travel to Cebu and fly to Puerto Princessa
Spend 1 day doing underground river
Travel to El Nido on next day
El Nido for 5 nights - mixing boat tours with some diving.
Travel back to Puerto Princessa and Fly to Manila.
Travel to Puerto Galera
Puerto Galera for 5 nights and then back out to Manila.

now i know this is allot of traveling and not ideal. but i'm basically trying to mix Palawan into the vacation to at least say we have done Palawan once.

What i'm considering doing and thus the ask for opinions , is not dive in El Nido and cut that to a shorter visit and maybe make a stop in Anilao for a couple days prior to going to Puerto Galera.

Any thoughts or alternatives that include Moalboal and Palawan since these are places that i wanted to go at a miniumum.

i know one option I could try Malapascua maybe instead of PG and Aniao.
I'm not really intersted in Oslob.

Maybe Mactan for a couple days.

i think the key question is, would you dive in El Nido or cut it short and try for something else.

1. You will never know unless you have tried so go for it(El Nido) and come back with a story.
2. Taal Lake in Batangas should keep the non diver happy for a day. Therefore add Anilao to your already hectic itinerary!! But I would do it after PG as the weather can be unpredictable(ferry crossing).
3. On you next visit to the country, leave your love one in Bacolod and go to Tubattaha(liveaboard).

Ha i like the way you think Centrals.

after thinking this out a bit, dropping 2 days from El Nido and trying to pick up Anilao doesn't buy me much, basically i'd trade 2 days of diving for 1 day of diving once i account for travel etc. I generally don't plan on being able to dive on travel days, although i know its potentially possible its just not realistic.

I think i'm either keeping the 2 days diving in El Nido or just adding them to PG and Moalboal.

anyways this is the fun part of planning.

Hi Kevin, if you fancy adding Apo Reef to your trip we are planning a trip from April 14th - 18th. The trip will depart from Marco Vincent dive resort, White Beach, Puerto Galera. if you are interested I can send you more details.

Cheers from Kris

Hi Kevin,
Couple of questions for you since you are connected to Bacolod.
1. Have you tried The Dive Shop in Anini-Y in Panay?
2. Have you been to Cagayancillo from Sipalay?

Cheers.

No and No.
Looks interesting though.
both look to be very remote places.

is Cagayancillo mostly by Liveaboard?
and Anini-Y , doesn't look like much is there.

No and No.
Looks interesting though.
both look to be very remote places.

is Cagayancillo mostly by Liveaboard?
and Anini-Y , doesn't look like much is there.
I believe Cagayancillo is only available on liveaboard and the article on Cebu Pacific in-flight magazine didn't offer anything on getting there.
As for Anini-Y, one SB member rated it pretty high and if I had managed to make it to Sipalay via Iloilo from HK. Getting there shouldn't be that much challenging.

I believe Cagayancillo is only available on liveaboard and the article on Cebu Pacific in-flight magazine didn't offer anything on getting there.
As for Anini-Y, one SB member rated it pretty high and if I had managed to make it to Sipalay via Iloilo from HK. Getting there shouldn't be that much challenging.
if you ever make it to Anini-Y post a review - My wife has cousins in iloilo - i could make an excuse to visit that area. :)

if you ever make it to Anini-Y post a review - My wife has cousins in iloilo - i could make an excuse to visit that area. :)
Iloilo is only an hr away by ferry from Bacolod.

my Trip is getting near and i was wondering if anyone had any updated information on Carry On Baggage and Regulators. I've read various other posts saying Regulators are now not allowed because they are considered a blunt instrument that could be used as a weapon.

Can anyone share first hand knowledge of having to remove their regulators from carry on baggage?

I've made 3 previous trips and never had an issue, but i do know that recently travel to other destinations like Cozumel also has had some restrictions on Regulators in the carry on baggage.

thanks for any updated information that anyone might have.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom