April 2013...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im here at Sabor ...went on our first dive today and while it was a good dive, my new suunto cobra has an air leak.....not what I expected from a $700.00 computer.....thankfully I brought my old one......hopefully I can find dealer to get it repaired..looks to be just the hose leaking..like a bad crimp at the end.

as for the hotel, the food is good but the wifi stinks and is only available in the lobby.......another complaint i have is you literaly need to let the hot water run for 15 minutes before its hot...kind of annoying....maybe I was expecting too much from the hotel, but its certainly not as good as what I'm used to in Cancun ..but hey, it is beautiful diving, so all will be fine...:)

Just Got Home! Great Trip. Here is the update:

Hotel - Fiesta Americana. Great hotel! All inclusive that is south of the busy downtown. We wanted to be away from the cruise ships and closer to the marine park. Fiesta Americana was the perfect location for us. $10 taxi to downtown. Rooms were nothing to write home about, but they were clean and we had a great view of the ocean form a nice balcony. Staff was all very nice and helpful. Restaurants were your typical AI buffet's/restaurants, but they did have someone cooking fresh eggs in the mornings BBQ hamburgers in the afternoon, and something fresh in the evenings as well. We enjoy the AI's, because we eat breakfast before diving, lunch and drinks after diving, and then we go out to find a local restaurant every night for dinner. The best part was the dive shop is at the hotel with lockers at the beach for all of your stuff. Extremely convenient and the best part for us. Also, the snorkeling along the shoreline at the hotel was spectacular. You could drift from the money bar to the hotel along the shore and expect to see multiple rays, lobster, eel's, urchins, and thousands of reef fish Nice coral on the wall and the occasional blow fish, cuddle fish, and barracuda. All in 3' 10' feet of water.

The Dive House - This is the company located at the hotel. They also have a shop in downtown. Great organization! They are one of the oldest and largest on the island. We had three different guides who were all great! Flash was my favorite as he spent some extra time pointing out marine life that others missed. The boats are large, and nice, and the workers are all very helpful and safe. We did 9 dives and one night dive with them. I WILL use The Dive House next time I am there. Great shop!

Other Stuff - If you want to go out for a good boat party, call Tiger. He does snorkeling, fishing, diving, and other activities, but the main activity is partying on the water. He is an extremely nice guy who just wants to make sure everyone is having a good time. Expect to take his boat somewhere beautiful, lay in a floaty on the water while tiger serves you drinks, fruit, and appetizers in the water. He also puts on a good show, diving a 100' underwater on one breath. Tigers Adventures Snorkel Tour & Cielo Party

We also drove around the island which is worth the trip. Beautiful beaches and good food. We recommend Playa Bonita and Coconuts. We opted for a zebra striped slug bug over the scooters. Great time!

We will be back! Thanks Cozumel!

The Dive House - This is the company located at the hotel. They also have a shop in downtown. Great organization! They are one of the oldest and largest on the island. We had three different guides who were all great! Flash was my favorite as he spent some extra time pointing out marine life that others missed. The boats are large, and nice, and the workers are all very helpful and safe. We did 9 dives and one night dive with them. I WILL use The Dive House next time I am there. Great shop!

This morning we watched Dive House I, III & III motor past as we ate breakfast and I said something along the lines of "holy crap all those boats are huge! that last one (III) must take dozens of people!"

We like our boats fast and smallish (with ladders though!) with only ~6 divers.

Which boats were you on? How many divers were on your boats?

ok- who's gonna volunteer to take over the April list for the rest of the month while I'm in Coz??? Just in case someone schedules a vacation after today, I don't want them to be left off the list. Any volunteers??
thanks Pidge

ok- who's gonna volunteer to take over the April list for the rest of the month while I'm in Coz??? Just in case someone schedules a vacation after today, I don't want them to be left off the list. Any volunteers??
thanks Pidge

No vacations from the list. Morale will improve or the beatings will continue....:pirate5:

where ya been cv? Have missed your "unforgetable" comments :D Are you volunteering to take over the April list while I'm enjoying some underwater time? Talk about leaving it in good hands !!!:blinking:

Back
Top Bottom