April 14, 2015 Ten Mile Point (Victoria) video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice footage of that gunnel.

I've only noticed two so far, the last one was there on the wall.

BRad

Nice video - wow vis for you was 100x better than the one time I was over on the Island to dive it. When NWGratefulDiver and I did it last June you could barely see 10 ft - would love to dive it again and actually see the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those krill storms are pretty crazy! Cute longfin gunnel too, I've only seen one and that was at Porteau Cove. They are thought to be cleaner fish but that has yet to be confirmed. It would be interesting to see it confirmed sometime in the near future!

The site looks amazing, considered visiting it before our afternoon charter during our trip to Victoria but opted for more sleep. Now I regret it (maybe)!

When I was there 3 weeks ago, you had to squint to see what they were, now they look massive!

BRad
The fish were enjoying them. I wasn't able to catch it on video, but many of them, from tiny sculpins to the rockfish, were darting up into the clouds to grab a bite.

---------- Post added April 17th, 2015 at 08:54 PM ----------

Nice video - wow vis for you was 100x better than the one time I was over on the Island to dive it. When NWGratefulDiver and I did it last June you could barely see 10 ft - would love to dive it again and actually see the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's my bad luck here, but the visibility at 10-Mile seldom impresses me. It's about 15' on average based on all the times I've been there. It was about 15-20' (and dark) down on the wall and 10' in the shallows this time. The fisheye lens (the wide clips from the video) makes everything seem farther away and the visibility seem better than it actually was. If I can see 30' there I get excited. I only see that maybe once every 2 years or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom