Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Considering that being off the grid on a liveaboard is not uncommon, it would be a poor judgement call for the developer to require phoning home to verify licenses, if that is indeed the case.

Has to be a bug. And it didn't show up for me on Google. I took a look at the version history- looks like it might be time for an update…

• 1.0 — 11/28
  • 1.0.1 — (not listed)
  • 1.0.2 — 11/28
    Bug fixes and networking improvements
  • 1.0.3 — 11/29
    Bug fixes and improvements
  • 1.0.4 — 11/30
  • 1.0.5 — 12/3
    Bug fixes and improvement
  • 1.0.6 — 12/17
  • 1.0.7 — 1/25
    Oceanic+ now available in the following languages: (listed)
  • 1.0.8 — 1/26

New version out seems to fix the iOS planner screen bug and also introduced a share button (at least I never noticed it before). Share just exports a png of the dive profile:

PNG image.png

What luck! I'm doing my first dive today with the AWU as backup and was really dismayed last night that the planner wasn't working at all.

What luck! I'm doing my first dive today with the AWU as backup and was really dismayed last night that the planner wasn't working at all.
Great timing for you indeed, although the planner did still work on the watchOS app.
A tip - you probably already know about the requirement to click the action button to confirm you are fit and ready to dive before the app will display dive parameters. It’s easy to forget this as you descend. I now have the action as part of my descent practice; breath out, pull right shoulder dump, let go of dump as I start to descend, look at the watch, press action button, equalise.

Ok finally got in the water and it seems this latest update must have fixed the issue with the watch ending dives early on the surface. I started my dive while waiting for others on the surface went under a couple feet, back up and the dive continued. Very different than when I tested it out in a pool.

Updated release history:
  • 1.0 — 11/28
  • [1.0.1 — omitted]
  • 1.0.2 — 11/28
    Bug fixes and networking improvements
  • 1.0.3 — 11/29
  • 1.0.4 — 11/30
  • 1.0.5 — 12/3
    Bug fixes and improvement
  • 1.0.6 — 12/17
  • 1.0.7 — 1/25
  • 1.0.8 — 1/26
  • 1.0.9 — 4/12
    Bug fixes and performance enhancements related to latest iOS versions

Anything special you need to do to get your watches' logged dives to show up in the iPhone app? I figured it would happen automatically but alas they are not.

Very interesting:

"We also want to let you know that we have an exciting new release coming soon, which will include additional functionality that we believe you will love."

unnamed.jpg

Also, Oceanic linked to a huge FAQ page I hadn't seen before:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom