Apple Watch, Oceanic+ and iOS 16.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixed the planner issue for me. They list bug fixes & performance enhancements as plurals. Anyone notice other changes?

wwq0.jpg

Someone mentioned in another thread that the new update had made the app less sensitive to ending the dive at the surface. I’ll look for the post and link it here in an edit. I haven’t seen any new features or enhancements to existing features though. I’m diving this weekend though, so I’ll try and pay attention to performance under water.

Here’s the link:
Post in thread 'Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App'
Apple Watch Ultra and Oceanic+ App

Can 'share' dive profiles now, I think that's new too.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 51
I just got this in an email from Oceanic:
The location planner is working, the deco planner needs to change values rather than a simple switch between air and nitrox. Hopefully the coming update will address this too

New Oceanic+ update. It would be interesting to hear about noticeable changes.

Oceanic+ 1.1.1
“Bug fixes and performance enhancements related to latest iOS versions”

The update fixed an issue I had with syncing between the AWU and iOS device. I did two dives Saturday that I could see on my watch, but not on my phone. Went into the Accounts setting to manually "Sync to your watch", closed apps, restarted devices, etc., all to no avail. I sent an email to Oceanic tech support and on Monday morning they replied the just-released update fixed the issue.

I sent an email to Oceanic tech support and on Monday morning they replied the just-released update fixed the issue.

Nice to see that they’re actively improving the app. The update pace has been pretty good.

Nice to see that they’re actively improving the app. The update pace has been pretty good.

Yeah, though at this rate it'll be 3 years before the AWU can pass muster as a mid-range dive computer. Just in time for a watch hardware update to add air integration. :p

Annoyingly this past weekend I still had to press the Action button to confirm "I'm fit and ready to dive," thought that had been removed in the previous update. I was looking at my primary computer while descending and didn't see that nagging screen on the watch's Oceanic+ app until I was at the bottom.

Annoyingly this past weekend I still had to press the Action button to confirm "I'm fit and ready to dive," thought that had been removed in the previous update. I was looking at my primary computer while descending and didn't see that nagging screen on the watch's Oceanic+ app until I was at the bottom.
This 'feature' is still a requirement, not removed in the last update just adjusted to have a less severe outcome if you press the button mid dive - app records dive data as soon as you descend below 1m and logs this even if you press the action button mid dive.

if you press the button mid dive - app records dive data as soon as you descend below 1m and logs this even if you press the action button mid dive.

In that case, I'd say this bug has been fixed.

Back
Top Bottom