Apollo Bio-fins vs. S.Pro Jet fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triton013

Reaction score
I'm wondering how would these two (2) fins compare. They are both 100% rubber fins, and respectfully the best from each class (split and paddle). Your thoughts.

I agree with Divemaven. I'd guess most opinions you'll get will argue for split or paddle, not necessarily for or against the fins you're asking about.

I have and use both, depending on dive site and conditions. Either model fin is sturdy, though the Apollo's strap post can break outof the rubber. Either fin is better with spring straps, I highly recommend you spring for them.

The Jets work with any kick, though best with the frog kick, for me anyway.
The Splits can do various kicks, but only really work well with a modified flutter.

The Jet Fin has better control, can generate more power, but will be a lot harder on your muscles. The Split Fin is easy to kick, but you can run into problems in a strong current, when moving a lot of gear, or both. The latter happened three weekends ago. I was diving with a couple of other rebreather divers who used the Atomic split fins (by all means pretty good splits) as we ran into quite a current at the end of the dive. They were clawing their way back to the anchor line along the bottom while a swam right past them. Much to be said about streamlining and good fins, though the swim was physically taxing.

Last but not least there's the price, the Splits cost around $180, and well over $200 with spring straps. The Jets you can get for around $75, so even with spring straps they cost less than the Splits.

If I had to choose either the Jets would get my vote hands down.

In the end it's a personal preference, if you have a chance try both before you buy.

I just purchased the apollo bio fin. Althought I have not tried them yet, they get high ratings from Diving Magazines and Dive shops

I purchased my split fin for $140. Everything I read about them is that they provide the power you need ( even in strong current) with less effort. Thus you save on air.

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and got my Jetfins on ebay for $25. I won't get to dive with them until June. If I don't like them I am sure I can sell them on ebay.

Currently I do use Apollo Bio-fins as my primary. And do have spring straps on them. Perfect combo. It's been a while since I used the Jet Fins. I was just wondering on how do the Bio-fins compare to the Jets. Probaly none but, seems pretty cool that both models uses rubber and maybe their could be a good match up. Thanks all.

I think the only thing that the Bio fins and Jets have in common is the fact they are both rubber. Other than that, they couldn't be more different IMO.

ronrosa:
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and got my Jetfins on ebay for $25. I won't get to dive with them until June. If I don't like them I am sure I can sell them on ebay.

$25.00 for jets that is cheap how much was shipping?

Back
Top Bottom