Apollo bio fins and crocs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rebelrph

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I finished my 3rd day of diving in Cozumel today. When setting up my gear on the boat this morning I realized I had forgotten my dive boots at my hotel. The Apollo bio fins have huge foot pockets and diving without boots is virtually impossible. As a quick fix I used the DM's crock sandals and they worked perfectly. Not only did they fill the foot pockets their buoyancy counteracted the negative aspects of the bulky bio fins. It worked so well that I went and bought some this evening to use the rest of the trip.
one suggestion... I got some zip ties to attach the crock straps to my fin springs to keep from loosing them when doing a back roll entry ( the first dive this morning I almost did ). I normally use a hard soled dive boot which has worked great for several years, but the increase comfort and reduced weight made the dive more relaxing and comfortable.
Heading to the cenotes on the mainland tomorrow...

Life is great when fate is so kind to you like that! Merry Christmas!

finished the dive trip using the Crocs. decided against the zip ties as I got a smaller size than the DM and opened the toe to allow water drainage and a little overhang for my big toe. Works like a charm ! And by not attaching them to fins it allowed me to use them to walk through the jungle during cenote dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom